Chapter 15

On that Monday morning, Harry didn't want to be anywhere except in Draco's arms.

"How are you feeling Harry?"

"Still not well."

"Let's get you to the hospital wing so Poppy can check on you, yeah?"

"Everything hurts. Can she come here?"

"I'll go get her. Have some water."

Chewing his lip as he left the room, Draco made a split decision. Knocking on the door down the hall, he waited for an answer.

A tired looking Ron opened the door, and he furrowed his eyebrows upon seeing Draco at his door.

"Malfoy? Is everything alright?"

"I'm going to the hospital wing, did you want to come?"

"Yeah, let me grab my shoes."

Upon Ron's return, the two walked in silence as they made their way through the common room.

"He's still not doing well?"

"No, he's not. He never admits when he's not doing well, so I'm more worried than usual. He didn't even want to walk to the hospital wing himself. I offered to bring Poppy up."

"Bloody hell. He gets like that you know, his emotions control him and then he's absolutely knackered. It's not healthy."

"I've tried to tell him. He's quite stubborn, and that's really something coming from me of all people."

Laughing, Ron nudged Draco's shoulder.

"That stubbornness has helped Harry a lot. Thank you, for inviting me to come with you and updating me on Harry."

"If you treat me with decency I'll reciprocate. My father held a lot of misconceptions, and the biggest one other than the whole dark lord thing was about your family. After getting to know more about you all, I've realized that my family is the one lacking.

Money means nothing when you're raised with the wrong ideals and prioritize the wrong things. Perhaps if I had a sibling, things would be different. I try not to dwell on it, you know? Like I've said, words mean nothing when there's no action behind it."

"I appreciate that. I know mum does too. For the most part nothing bothered me too much because I do have that support system. It must be hard when your support system is constantly telling you the wrong ideals are correct. I never thought of it like that before you know.

Once he's feeling better, you, Harry, and I should go grab a pint or something."

"While I appreciate the offer, it's not a good idea. We can have something in mine or Harry's room, but I wouldn't go out. I wouldn't do that to you or myself."

"Have you been out in the wizarding world since everything?"

"Once. It didn't go well."

With that, Draco grabbed Poppy and caught her up on how Harry was doing as they walked into the common room. Hermione was waiting for them and shot up and followed behind them as they went to see Harry.

"Harry, what happened?!"

"Go away," he grumbled, turning his back to her.

"Harry," she tried again, taking a step forward.

She was stopped immediately by Felix, who growled at her.

"Felix, it's me."

"Miss Granger I'm going to need you to leave," Poppy instructed, shooing her out.