Chapter 17

There were very few things Draco could say no to, once of which came in the form of Luna Lovegood. So, when she insisted he attend her "Friendsgiving" party, how could he say no? That's how he found himself in Grimmauld Place surrounded by the most interesting group of people to date.

"Are you having fun yet?," Harry murmured next to him, he himself wondering how he had ended up in this situatuon.

"Weaslette and Granger keep glaring at me."

"And here I thought they were glaring at me," Harry joked, nudging Draco with his shoulder.

"Such a hard life being as attractive as I am. It's my curse to have people looking at me."

"That, and the fact that this shade of pink is absolutely your color. I'm glad you listened to me and wore it."

"As if you gave me much choice."

"You said pink was your favorite color! You should be able to wear it that's all I'm saying."

"My knight in shining armor, fighting off gender stereotypes. My hero."

"And don't you forget it, love."

The choking sound in the dining room caused Harry to raise an eyebrow.

"Alright there Gin?"

"Fine," she said tersely.

The morning had been absolutely fantastic in Draco's opinion. The end of November was here, and with it brought bubbling hope about his relationship with Harry. After their last conversation, they were closer than ever, and Draco was thrilled. Harry was feeling better, and that was what mattered.

Harry spinning Draco around the kitchen as Luna and Kreacher decorated wasn't bad either. It was refreshing to see Harry so happy and carefree. Even Felix was happily jumping about, making everyone laugh.

"I don't know how you got me here."

"To the Friendsgiving or helping me cook?"

"Both," Draco declared, sitting on Harry's counter.

"Must you do that?," Harry asked, wrinkling his nose and swatting Draco with a dish towel.

"This is the best seat in the house."

"I can think of one better."

"And pray tell where is that-," Draco began to ask, only stopping because there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it. I don't want to make his highness move."

"About time you realized I was royalty."

"To be fair, I did think you were the heir of Slytherin."

"What on earth gave you that impression?," Draco asked incredulously.

"Pureblood. Full of yourself. A massive prat. You acted like you were better than everyone else. And you were always up to something."

"You always thought I was up to something," Draco yelled as Harry entered the other room.

"I was usually right," Harry called back. "Neville! Great to see you mate."

"Thanks for the invite. I feel like I barely see you anymore."

"He adores me too much to leave me, sorry Longbottom," Draco apologized from the counter.

"That's not surprising. You're all I hear about when we do get together. Speaking of, I think I'm due for another trim soon."

"Give me a day and time and I'll make sure I'm free."