Chapter 13

November seemed to welcome a change in atmosphere. As soon as Halloween concluded, the Christmas decorations went up, trying to spread holiday cheer as quickly as possible. Per usual, Harry had a lot on his mind. He was sitting on the couch in the common room, Draco's legs thrown across his lap, when Ron dropped down beside him.

"Which courses are you taking mate? She's driving me absolutely mental. I wouldn't be surprised if she got McGonagall to give her the you know what again so she can take all of the offered classes."

"Aren't you following the Auror schedule?," Draco asked, reviewing his own potential timetable.

"I'm not sure if that's something I want to do anymore. I always thought Harry and I would do it together, stay as a team. But the more I think about it, the more I think I might just want to help out with the joke shop instead."

"Seems like you're doomed to Potions with me," Harry lamented.

"Seriously mate? You're willingly taking Potions?"

"I wouldn't quite call it willingly. I was volunteered for that along with Herbology, which I planned on taking anyway."

"I'll write myself down for those too I suppose. I'm sticking with Defence, and I'm adding on Muggle Studies.

"I'm looking at Potions, Herbology, Defence, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Transfiguration, and Astronomy," Harry replied.

"Replace Magical Creatures with Arithmancy and that's my schedule too," Draco commented.

"Not fancying any magical creatures eh?"

"I'll help Luna on her trips, but I wouldn't want to upset any more creatures. They can sense the dark magic surrounding me, and I wouldn't do that to them."

"I'm sure my schedule will end up being similar. I was thinking Divination might be fun, what with Firenze helping teach it and all," Ron responded with a shrug.

"I think I'm done with that course after getting the Grim. I can tell you now that I did suffer, but I am not happy about it," Harry replied sourly. "I can't even look at my tea leaves when I have a cuppa."

"Sorry about that one mate. You coming to dinner next Sunday?"

"Thinking about it."

"You should. Mum wants to see you to figure out our plans for the Christmas hols."

"I already wrote her, it just depends on the circumstances."

"I dunno if Gin will be there or not."

Harry cringed, and Draco gently nudged him with his foot.

"She asks about you in her letters."

"I'm doing fantastic obviously."

"I still can't believe neither of you will tell me what happened."

"It was amicable, that's all you need to know. Doesn't make it less awkward."

"If you say so mate. I'll see you later. Malfoy."

Harry and Draco remained sitting in silence, but the increased tapping of Draco's foot against Harry's leg had him putting down his parchment.

"Ask."

"I'm just nosy."

"I know you are, but that's okay," Harry teased. "It's part of your charm."

"Don't tell me anything if you don't want to."

"It was amicable, but it was me who broke up with her. After talking with my healer, I realized I was staying there because I was comfortable, not because of my feelings. I did have feelings, but after all that happened, I didn't feel anything, at all. It wasn't fair to either of us to string the relationship along. I couldn't be there because I felt obligated.