Chapter 9

The next day, Harry woke up knowing that something was going to happen. He couldn't determine whether it would be good or bad. With Felix's head on his chest, he was hoping for the former.

Soon enough, there was a knock on his door, and Harry frowned. If it was Draco, he always knocked on the bathroom door. Cautiously, Harry opened the door and was surprised to see Ron.

"Hey mate, can I come in?"

"I suppose so."

"It's just me, no Hermione."

Moving aside to let Ron in, Harry asked, "does she know you're here?"

"Didn't know I needed permission to see my best mate."

"Do you?," Harry retorted, leaning against the door. "It's been over a week you know."

"I told you that I would keep her away from you. It didn't take long for me to realize that would mean I had to stay away too. She's my girlfriend mate," Ron supplied helplessly.

"So where does that leave me then?"

"With Malfoy I suppose."

"So I just lose my best friends since I was 11 then? Just like that?"

"Hold on Harry, that's not what I'm saying at all."

"Then what exactly are you trying to say Ron?!," Harry asked, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

"That right now, Malfoy seems to be the best person for you to be with," Ron began again, his gentle tone of voice calming Harry down against his will. "I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt for me to admit that, and that in some semblance of a way I feel replaced. But then I realized, that's probably how you've been feeling this whole time with Mione and I, you're just too kind to say anything.

In getting together, our dynamic has changed. And then you and Gin broke up, so it really was just you and Felix. I'm sorry Harry, really."

"It is what it is," Harry replied quietly. "I miss you, but I'm not fighting for attention."

"Do you want to go to Hogsmeade?"

"I don't know Ron..."

"It'll just be the two of us," Ron promised. "I'll leave it up to you to think on."

"Sure mate."

"Yeah?"

Ron's bright grin couldn't help but put one on Harry's face.

"Yeah. Let me get ready."

"I'll meet you in the common room in 5?"

"Sounds good."

After getting ready, Harry knocked on the bathroom door on Draco's side of the room.

"Morning Potter."

"Hey Malfoy. I'm heading to Hogsmeade with Ron, I just wanted to let you know."

Draco raised his eyebrows but didn't say anything. He worked to keep his emotions concealed, fighting off the panic.

"Yeah, I'm feeling the same way if I'm honest. This might completely blow up in my face."

"Do what you feel is best for you Potter."

"You want to pack up all your things and leave the country with me? That sounds best."

"You'd want me to come with you?"

"Of course I would, why wouldn't- oh," Harry interrupted himself with a frown. "Draco just because I'm hanging out with Ron again doesn't mean that I won't be spending time with you anymore. I like spending time with you, and I'm not going to stop just because he's back. Hermione is his top priority, and you're mine."