Chapter 26

Bright white light enveloped Harry's vision, and that's when he knew.

"Tell me I've practically died for a third time," he groaned, throwing his arm over his eyes.

"It really is quite impressive," a teasing voice greeted him.

"Sirius?," he asked, jolting upright.

"As in the flesh as I can be."

He opened his arms, and Harry ran into them immediately, tears pooling in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Sirius. I'm so incredibly sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for Harry. On the contrary, I'm sorry that our time was so short."

"You protected me."

"And you cleared my name. That's all I could ask for. I'm proud of you."

Harry knew this wasn't real, how could it be? He would accept the hug and the closure that his mind was trying to give him.

"Are you going to take up all of his time? Selfish as always, Pads."

"Remus!"

"Hello Harry. It's nice to see you, but I wish it was under different circumstances."

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't even start with that. I knew what I signed up for. Thank you for taking care of Teddy."

"He's doing so well," Harry said with a sniffle. "I promise you that I'll make sure he knows all about you. About all of you. He'll know where he came from, and he won't feel unloved a day in his life."

"That's why I made you godfather. I had been hoping you wouldn't have had to act on that for many years, but you're doing wonderfully."

"Thank you."

The tears were streaming down Harry's face at this point, but he didn't bother to wipe them. It wouldn't do anything anyway, this was all made up.

"What's on your mind Harry?," Remus asked kindly, patting the spot next to him on the bench.

"The fact that this isn't real."

"Who's to say it isn't?"

"The last time I was here, well, not here specifically, Dumbledore told me that it was all happening inside my head. I'm quite glad to not be seeing him again though, I'd rather see the both of you and... well, it makes sense that they're not here. I didn't know them well enough to imagine-"

"Your father's charming good looks?"

"Dad?"

"I told you that I'd be with you until the very end Harry."

Harry threw himself off the bench, into his father's arms. He didn't care one way or the other anymore, he was sobbing profusely now, and when a gentle hand came to rest upon his back, he knew it was his mother.

"My sweet boy," she said softly, rubbing his back.

Harry thought he could stay within his parents' embrace forever, and that thought shocked him enough to put some distance between them, confusing his parents.

"If I stay, I'm dead. This has to be my subconscious. I don't want to die anymore. I found a reason to live again- Draco. Is he okay?!"

"Draco is fine, he's resting," Remus said gently. "He's quite smart, you know. I wish he would have applied himself a bit better in my class, but he was the one who figured out what was wrong with you. He recognized the signs, and he paid attention."