Chapter 7

By the time Saturday rolled around, both Harry and Draco were exhausted. Draco didn't think that being around people so much more often would have such an effect on him. There were typically eyes on him, but he didn't realize just how much more he would be looked at when he was with Harry. It was hard to work up an appetite with people staring at him and Harry so frequently, seemingly waiting for something to happen.

Both men were so drained last night that they fell asleep in their own respective rooms and slept through the night. Draco showered and got ready for the day to see his mother.

Quietly, he made his way into Harry's room and checked on him and Felix. He filled up the food and water bowls so Harry didn't have to, then got a glass of water to leave for Harry on his nightstand. Whilst fixing Harry's blankets, his eyes fluttered open.

"Alright?," he rasped, squinting at Draco.

"I'm just checking on you before I leave," Draco replied quietly, brushing some hair off of Harry's forehead.

"Tell your mother I say hello."

"I will."

With that, Draco made his way to McGonagall's office to use the floo.

"Good morning Mr. Malfoy."

"Good morning Headmistress."

"How is everything going?"

"Well enough."

"None of the students are giving you any more trouble?"

"No, they just stare for the most part. I think I'm old news," Draco replied with a quiet chuckle.

"If anything else does occur, please let me know."

"Of course. I should be back before noon."

Stepping into the Manor, Draco was taken away by how dark it was.

"Mother?"

"Hello Draco dear, how are you?"

"I'm well, how are you?"

"The same as always."

"Let's open some of these curtains shall we? It's too dark in here."

"Oh is it?"

"Let's have breakfast outside."

The sunshine seemed to revive Narcissa somewhat.

"Mother, you can't stay cooped up in the house all the time. You need to get some fresh air and sunlight."

"You're right dear, it's just hard to get out sometimes."

"I should visit more often."

"Draco, it isn't your job to take care of me. You write more than enough to keep me updated, and your letters are the highlight of my days. I worry about you and how you're doing there."

"It was rough at first, I won't lie. Potter has been helping more than I think he realizes. Oh, he sent me with some cookies that we made."

"You made something?"

"Cookies and pizza. We took some pictures, I'll have to have Potter print them so I can show you next time."

"You should bring him around sometime, if he feels up to it. I know he doesn't have the best history here, but perhaps that can be changed."

"That's actually something I wanted to speak with you about."

"So you're close friends then are you?"

"We are," Draco agreed, taking a sip of tea.

"That's absolutely wonderful dear, I hope something comes of that for you."