Chapter 16

The more time passed, the more increasingly bored Harry was becoming. He felt fine and he was going absolutely stir crazy. Checking the time, he realized that he could sneak out for a quick walk before lunch and no one would know any better. Grabbing his cloak, he decided to take Felix on a last minute walk.

Sneaking through the halls was easier when everyone was in class, and soon enough he was walking on the outskirts of the forbidden forest. The sun was shining, so Harry decided to walk in a little bit further. It was easy to lose track of time when it was so silent, but as he turned around he heard his name called.

"Harry Potter."

"Firenze. It's good to see you."

"You shouldn't be here," he said matter of factly.

"I needed some air."

"You are not well."

"No, I suppose I'm not."

"Be mindful of the stars Harry Potter."

Harry froze in his tracks as Firenze continued to walk.

"Don't tell me that," he said quietly. "The stars have never written anything good for me."

"You were saved once before."

"Neither can live while the other survives. I wouldn't call that saved Firenze. We both died, I simply came back."

"You underestimate yourself Harry Potter."

"I think everyone else overestimates my abilities. I got lucky, that's all it was."

"Mars has not been bright for many months, that is a good sign."

"Tell me what you see."

"The power of love is a constant in your life, Harry Potter. Remain in tune with your emotions. Trust your instincts as they have served you well thus far."

"I think the stars need to focus on someone else for a change," Harry said angrily, kicking a rock across the forest.

"I will tell you what I told you all those years ago. Good luck, Harry Potter. The planets have been read wrongly before now, even by centaurs. I hope this is one of those times."

The chill that ran down Harry's spine refused to leave him, even when he was soaking in a scalding hot bath. Draco found Harry sitting on the windowsill, staring out the window listlessly with a blanket draped around him when he brought lunch.

"Harry darling, are you okay?"

"No."

Draco squeezed himself behind Harry, hugging him from behind.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Nothing to talk about."

"Something happened in the time between breakfast and lunch."

"It's nothing."

"Harry, if it's upsetting you, it isn't nothing," Draco said gently.

"Nothing can be done about it anyway. Just drop it."

A week later, Draco was still having a hard time "dropping it." Harry was detached, both physically and emotionally. He barely spoke, even at their group healing session. Neither he nor Athena could get Harry to speak. Draco had enough of the uncomfortable atmosphere, and thought he'd be better off uncomfortable at home with his mother.

Harry didn't even notice that Draco was packing until his bag was placed on the floor.

"Where are you going?"