Chapter 27

"What?," Draco asked in confusion, his hand immediately going to Harry's forehead.

"Draco, you're okay!"

"You're such a- I don't know what to do with you!"

"Move our dinner reservations one last time."

"You- you heard me?," he asked in a small voice.

"Some parts here and there. I'm sorry that I have a blatant distrust of authority figures, but all of my trust is in you. You're right, I'm not alone. Everyone has been watching."

"Everyone?"

"My mum, dad, Sirius, Remus. They've always been with me. I saw them."

"Oh Harry..."

Draco didn't know what to say, didn't know how to tell Harry he imagined it all.

"I know what you're thinking, I said it. Once I'm out of here, we're taking a trip. There's something I need to do, and I need you to be there with me when I do it. Will you go with me?"

"Anywhere and everywhere Harry. I thought that I lost you. I... I understand what you meant now, about being afraid of losing everyone you've ever loved."

"That's why I jumped. I couldn't lose you Draco. Not now, not ever," Harry swore, wincing at the pain in his arm. "What's the damage?"

"What do you remember?"

"Stepping in to save everyone else when I should've summoned Headmistress McGonagall," he repeated.

"Should I be offended that you only seem to listen to me when you're in a magical coma?"

"I don't know how Remus did it. I think he was trying to gaslight me honestly. We talked, about a lot of things. About why I felt like I had to be the one to step in when things go south. How I was raised. And you know what he said?"

"Something very wise I presume."

"He said to believe that my own life is worth it, to look at you, and question if it's worth constantly putting you in the pain that you were in at that moment."

"I was sad to see him go as Professor."

"He said he wishes you would have applied yourself more in his class," Harry replied, a sad chuckle leaving his mouth.

"I will not speak ill of the dead and their unorthodox teaching methods."

"He commended you on being smart, and paying attention."

"Did you meet anyone else?"

"Sirius was the first one that I saw, and I just... I broke down. And then Remus met me and I was so sure I was imagining it because of course I wouldn't see my parents, I didn't get the chance to know them. But then... I saw them. We talked about all kinds of things. I know I was unconscious for at least two days, Sirius told me. I'm so sorry I scared you."

"At least you weren't alone, stuck inside your head. You were out for four days darling. It wasn't until the second day that I... well..."

"You did a magical transfusion."

"Well yes-," Draco began in confusion. "How did you..."

"Let me tell you what I was told. My mum explained it to me. She said the horcrux connection left a hole in my magical core and my magic was slowly being siphoned out. When I saved us, I used all of my magical energy, and I burnt out. I suffocated essentially."

"That's exactly what happened."

"And my Draco figured it out," Harry said proudly, his eyes closing again.