Chapter 23

{Wishing you all a happy, healthy, and safe New Year. May 2023 bring you all endless amounts of joy. Happy New Year my loves, I hope that you all make great progress towards your goals! 💗 J }

It was the night before the dance, and Harry was lazily tossing a snitch into the air and catching it while sprawled out on Ron's bed.

"Sickle for your thoughts mate?"

"Do I tell him?"

"Do you think you should?"

"I don't know. I have everything to gain but also everything to lose. Do I keep waiting for him? He did ask me to the dance. Do you think this is a date?!," he asked sitting up.

"Harry, I'm fairly confident the both of you have been on multiple dates at this point."

"What do you mean by that?"

"We've been best mates since we were 11 and you've never done half the things you do for Draco for me. I'm just saying there's a different level of caring there. I've also never seen him smile so much when he's with you. Even if it doesn't work out, I can't see Malfoy ever leaving you. He's been wanting this since he first learned about you."

"I just don't want to fuck it up."

"Love is worth the risk."

"Maybe you're right."

"I usually am," Ron replied cheekily. "If I'm not best man at your wedding so help you."

"You'll always be my best man," Harry teased, getting off the bed and pulling Ron into a hug before heading back to his own room.

"There you are! Our robes are in," Draco said excitedly, a small bounce in his step as he greeted Harry.

"Did you try yours on yet?"

"Of course not, I was waiting for you. Mother also sent a package for the two of us."

"Do you want to open the package first so we can send a thank you note?"

"Good thinking. Here, you open it."

Inside were two ties matching their robes perfectly.

"Are these... bejeweled?," Harry asked in wonder, gently holding his tie up.

"That's one way to say inlaid with precious gems."

"These are stunning."

"It'll look even more stunning draped around your neck. Let's try our robes on now shall we?"

"We shall," Harry replied with a grin, looking forward to seeing how he and Draco would look together.

Draco finished before Harry did, years of practice making getting ready almost second nature. Harry was struggling with the buttons and clips, and Draco couldn't help but let a giggle slip from his mouth.

"Come and help me you tosser!"

"Fine, turn around-," Draco cut himself off with a low whistle. "Look at you. Salazar you're only allowed to wear green from now on."

Draco cupped Harry's face softly, rubbing his thumb across his cheek.

"You're so beautiful."

As Draco's thumb grazed Harry's lips, he pressed a soft kiss to it.

"That's not helping me now is it?," he whispered.

"Are you sure it isn't darling?"

Draco took a small step back and helped Harry fix his robes.

"Absolutely stunning."

"Says you," Harry complimented, slowly taking in Draco. "There's one thing that I think can make it better though."