Chapter 34 - Taicang Sect finally has an official stone plaque!

Most of the furnishings in the lounge were smashed and Xia Shouren hurriedly hid to avoid the torrent of flying objects.

Fortunately, Wei Xi has never been in a proper fight before, but nevertheless his treacherous fighting style along with his biting proved to be an ordeal for his opponent.

When he jumped on his opponent's back to yank his head, he was grabbed by the collar and pulled back down. But Wei Xi wasn't fazed. He glared fiercely at Shuo Zong, prepared to fight to the death.

But the other party didn't have the same fighting spirit as initially believed, but instead stared at Weixi with a rather disturbed and somewhat mentally challenged expression, as if there were thousands of unspeakable words in his eyes.

Wei Xi thought he was going to start spitting poison and he was ready to return tit for tat.

But in the end Shuo Zong just irritably stroked his messy hair and pushed him aside: "Goddammit you really... after so many years, your brain hasn't grown at all."

Being scolded for no reason made Wei Xi even more furious.

At this point from the outside, Tuan Jieyi finally realized that something was wrong. Shocked and confused, he rushed in to stop the fight, and managed to calm WeiXi down thanks to his fear of accidentally hurting the disciple.

Tuan Jieyi, without assessing black from white first, asked: "What happened? Shifu, were you bullied?" The scene when he entered just now looked like he had lost the fight. He could not forgive anyone who bullied his shifu, even if he was rich and handsome!

After he appeared, Shuo Zong's face darkened even more. He didn't want to stay a moment longer. He put on his coat and called out to Xiao Shouren, ready to leave.

But before he could open the door, Wei Xi stopped him again: "Give me back my apprentice's cake!"

Shuo Zong lowered his head and looked at him for a moment. He then called out: "Xia Shouren! Go and pack up all the food left over from backstage for him!"

He then asked in a deep voice: "Are you satisfied?"

Wei Xi is not a greedy person and he felt this kind of compensation was enough, so he withdrew the hand that was blocking the way.

Shuo Zong however did not appear happy with the resolution. Instead, he looked like he was about to die of anger. He ran a hand down to heavily rub his own forehead before leaving.

Wei Xi couldn't stop him, and when he wanted to retaliate, the other party had already thrown on his coat and left. He walked away without even looking back. Only Xia Shouren, who followed behind him, glanced back frequently with a complex expression.

Wei Xi thought with his own roughed up head, how could a person be like this!

  ***

Wei Tianyi kept moving about all night. He drank from one end of the venue to the other and when it was finally about to end, he reluctantly bid goodbye to Tan Fu.

Tan Fu has been an old friend of his for many years. Their relationship is a little different from the average businessmen he's met, so he's always valued it more.

Therefore before they parted ways, he looked at his old friend's face and he couldn't help but worry: "You look like you haven't rested well in a long time. At our age ah, we can't just focus solely on work. Your body should be more valuable than money."

"Oh, you're talking about this." Tan Fu touched the bags under his eyes and chuckled. "Ah, it wasn't that serious before. I don't know why it's been getting bigger and bigger recently. Maybe it's really from overusing my eyes? My eyes really do feel tired and sometimes they'll swell for no reason."