Chapter 24 - TaiCang Sect Health and Beauty Club Grand Opening Countdown!

Although Huang Jue was captivated by the sales pitch, he still felt that something was off.

"Ne-nevermind, I have that book in my house too. I've kept them all after I graduated." In the end he still refused with some difficulty. Thinking about it, he embarrassedly added: "And your VIP entry fee is too expensive. I just bought a house, I definitely can't pull another million out anytime soon."

WeiXi felt like an alarm bell went off in his heart when he heard the first half, but when he heard the second half he felt more concerned. This was obviously a customer that wanted to apply, so there was no way he could let him go so easily. Tuan JieYi had once mentioned that the key to success in business is how closely you stick onto your customers.

He looked at Tuan JieYi who fidgeted anxiously. Then he said after some thought: "Then would you like to apply for an ordinary membership instead?"

"Ah?" Huang Jue looked at Ruan ShiXing: "Does it not cost a million then?"

Tuan JieYi responded: "No, yours would be standard membership. His is a gold card."

Huang Jue was a little confused: "What is the difference?"

Tuan JieYi thought for a while, and answered hesitantly: "........A standard membership won't receive the <Introduction to the Basic Principles of Marxism> gift?"

Well, he could also get a copy of that for 25 dollars wholesale.

Wang Jue: "......"

Ruan ShiXing: "......"

  ******

And so, still in a daze, Huang Jue received the membership card that Tuan JieYi had printed from a nearby graphics store.

WeiXi somely addressed his disciples: "Did you hear what he said? I don't think our card opening gift is attractive enough."

Tuan JieYi, now riddled with anxiety, immediately proposed to take WeiXi to the bookstore in their free time to browse and pick up some books that aren't college tutoring materials. ShuoZong watched them from the side in silence, then turned his gaze which landed on Shu WanRong busying herself in the garden.

Shu WanRong reluctantly sprinkled something into the mud - that was the soil that WeiXi put in the red sack from the bamboo basket. That soil looked like nothing special and was pitch black, who knew what kind of shitty use WeiXi thinks it'll have. Fortunately the soil didn't dirty her hand and doesn't smell bad, and actually refreshes the mind. But for some reason, perhaps due to its high density, the little sack of soil is remarkably heavy and made her arms unimaginably sore.

She felt that maybe she had lost her mind as she was actually doing work like this in full dress and makeup. WeiXi was obviously reluctant to leave, so her most urgent task was to find the time to convince her own husband and son to move out.

She let out a long sigh and regretted how unsatisfied she was in the past. Back then, even though her stepson made her wary of her company's future, at least he was gentle and obedient to her husband. While she and he only got along at face value, he never dared to confront her in person. In front of him, she at least held the place of the mother of the family. But how did he change so much after one trip away from home? She held the tremendously heavy cloth sack and thought back to when she secretly took delight in her stepson angering his father over an ugly scandal and running away from home. She couldn't help but feel that her past self was really too naive.

Shu WanRong didn't dare think of what that group of rich ladies would think of her if they could see her right now, her task of spreading the soil becoming even more melancholy.