Chapter 18 Part 2 - Ghost Driver

After yelling, he took a few bites of fruit and felt that the chewing texture wasn't right. He looked down and saw that inside of the flesh of the fruit was half a chubby white worm still wriggling.

He vomited until he was dizzy and his friends didn't know what to say anymore.

The girls were going to play in the suburbs and the group boldly set off. But the cars stopped before they reached the suburbs. Little model Ruan ShiXing pointed with a tender little finger towards a house and excitedly asked: "You guys look, isn't that the haunted house that's been super popular online lately?"

Curious, everyone exited their cars to investigate.

Recently, a new trend appeared online. It's said that a very interesting new haunted house has opened in the suburbs of Beijing and the whole group has seen similar recommendations. Immediately one person stepped forward to check the signboard: "It really is! I heard about it several times already and didn't think we'd run into it here. I heard that this haunted house is located on the site of a very famous haunted villa. It really does look very gloomy."

Ruan ShiXing followed the sounds and, sure enough, he saw an old fashioned small building. This western-style building appears to have seen many years and it's unclear which haunted house management company intentionally gave it this look. The courtyard had a gate spotted all over with rust. The walls of the house and the roof itself were covered in climbing vines. The vines have grown very dense and the windows on the second floor have been largely obscured by the foliage. Pitch black darkness hid behind the glass and nothing else could be seen, radiating a heavy, ominous feeling.

For some unknown reason, when Ruan ShiXing saw those windows, his whole body shivered as if blown by a cold wind.

At the front door, a staff person spotted them and warmly approached: "Little brothers little sisters, did you come to play? Right now we have a grand opening discount of only 300 dollars per person!

In the end, they were all young people and everyone came with an adventurous spirit, so they immediately moved forward.

Ruan ShiXing pursed his lips, thinking of his recent bad luck, couldn't help but want, just a little bit, to leave. Then the staff member cautioned them: "But you must make sure you're brave enough~ Our haunted house's scariness level is definitely ranked at the top in the country. If you're afraid of ghosts and you still go in, you might pee your pants and lose face."

Everyone laughed and the little model beside Ruan ShiXing asked him smiling: "Are you afraid of ghosts? Still wanna go inside and play?"

Ruan ShiXing reached down and checked his pocket, finding that at some point his wallet had been stolen. His expression sunk. This string of bad luck has irritated him beyond words. After a moment of silence, he gritted his teeth and said: "Go, what's there to be scared of, I don't fucking believe any of it!"

The greeter at the entrance of the haunted house was an expressionless dwarf. After looking at their tickets he coldly glanced at Ruan ShiXing's party, and then silently pushed open the heavy door behind him.

His attitude planted a small seed of fear in everyone's heart and when they walked in someone laughed: "It really is scary, my whole body feels cold just from walking through the front door."

Another person followed: "The room is pretty scary too ah, have you guys heard the story about this haunted house? They say that in '03 a whole family lived here and then overnight they all suddenly died. Ever since then this house has been abandoned. Sometimes when a person walks past this place, they can still see shadows of people walking around inside."

Ruan ShiXing glanced around the room and found that most of the light sources have been covered by black cloths. The old-fashioned interior design under the dim lighting appeared unspeakably horrifying.