Chapter 29 - Old Friends Visiting

[Previously]

The <Book of Changes> was slowly sucking away Tuan JieYi's life. His head constantly spinned from the strain of memorization, and only occasionally did he get any room for a breath. At any given moment he craved for anything other than learning, his vigor for managing the business bursting at the seams.

Fortunately at this time, a pair of unexpected visitors arrived outside the Wei family door.

=======================================================

The housewives in the yard were busily discussing some recent spectacular news in Beijing. All of the major social media networks and forums have hot insider reports about the daughter of a certain company's CEO. Seems like she recently broke up with her fiance, even though there were already marriage discussions. Both sides fought nastily and in the end, that fiance was removed from his recent promotion and kicked straight out the door.

At first the netizens all sighed, thinking that this must be a tragic story of a penniless boy and a princess, two young lovers who were torn apart. But who could have guessed the plot twists in this story. First, the fiance repeatedly showed up at the daughter's door in hysterics, then one of the company employees witnessed the little princess quarreling with him in public. The whistleblower even added that her fiance's mental state was terrifying. During the quarrel, his eyes were bloodshot and he repeatedly lost his reasoning and tried to lay his hands on her. But the consequences were clear. As soon as he raised his hand and threw a few punches, he was tackled to the ground by bodyguards who rushed over to protect the CEO's daughter. He was then sent still kicking and flailing out of the building.

Word on the street is that the princess's father became furious when he heard his daughter was hit. He immediately sent word out to make it impossible for this young man, named Huang FengXiu, to find another job from then on.

The father then publicly denounced the other party's past, and announced it was because he discovered his daughter's boyfriend's numerous dirty wrongdoings that he staunchly opposed their marriage. The wrongdoings he mentioned were quickly dug up and flipped upside down by netizens everywhere. Including one long-buried case about a young woman who leapt to her death from a building that didn't make headwaves prior, but has become a very hot topic now. Many neighbors from that community then stepped forward with new details including the fact that Huang FengXiu, after washing his hands clean of the suicide of his live-in girlfriend of many years, quickly went home to have dinner with the CEO's daughter. Such details were now exposed and cleanly hung out to dry.

For a time, the internet was full of chatter about reincarnation, but these were netizens far from the center of the action, much hazier on the details of the incident than the gossiping housewives.

As for the princess at the center of the incident, many of the eye witnesses recognized her as well.

Some people have said: "Did you know, I've actually seen that man before. He's real good at pretending too, at a glance he seems tall and handsome and dependable and speaks very politely. I heard that he even used his own abilities to secure a house in Beijing. At first President Wu said he was extremely pleased with this future son-in-law. He even said that after his (own) death, he can pass the company over to him."

This gossiping housewife paused, then she lowered her voice a few notches and added: "But some things are so mysterious, like this whole fight, I heard that it all began with one of President Wu's dreams. He was just sleeping one day and suddenly dreamt of a young girl claiming she was that man's ex-girlfriend who committed suicide. She just sat quietly and told him stories and it went on for an entire night. When President Wu woke up he thought he was suffering from delusions of persecution."