Chapter 13 - Good Days Are Over Part 1

Wei ChengShu drank no small amount the night before. The sun was already three bamboo poles high in the sky before he woke up at a friend's house. His head was splitting with pain as he took out his phone, when his mother called from faraway Europe and dropped one line: "Your brother came home."

"Well isn't that fresh." Wei ChengShu actually paused for a second, but then quickly composed himself. He rubbed his temples. "Honestly though, that he's been gone for three months and hasn't starved to death is the real surprise."

Shu WanRong responded disapprovingly to her son's nonchalant attitude: "ChengZong, you need to stop acting like you're the smartest person in the world. He's still your older brother after all. Your father's proper and legitimate oldest son....."

Wei ChengShu interrupted her: "Stop it, again with the same three lines. What kind of person WeiXi is, do you understand better or do I? He doesn't even have the backbone to speak a little louder, aren't you tired with this, day in and day out? Besides, it should be the middle of the night over there right? Is it worth getting up and calling me just because he returned home?"

Shu Wanrong sighed: "It's not like I got up just to call you. It's because your father just called and woke me up. He was throwing a fit about your brother, something about your brother not only shouting at him over the phone but the line even disconnected at home. Your uncle Zhou said your brother had smashed the phone."

"................." Wei ChengShu was deep in thought for a while, then pushed away the girl on his chest. "Wow, then I should really clap for him then."

"Stop that, your father's really angry. This is only the second time I've seen him this mad. The last time was that time he saw the picture of your brother with RuanShiXing and his temper blew up." Shu WanRong sighed again. "Your brother still holds a substantial position in your dad's heart."

Wei ChengShu: "You're not lying, of course, that is his rubbish wife's own son. Of course he's far more legit than your son."

Shu WanRong was pissed: "Wei Cheng Shu!"

Wei ChengShu: "What?"

Outsiders have always thought of the younger son as bright and cheerful, young but full of potential. They think that he will be a model example of 'like father, like son' but only his birth mother knew what her son was truly like in private. She was helpless against his unbridled untamable wild horse temperament. She was angry but still lowered the tone in her voice: "Your father is still fuming right now, you should call him in a bit and just chat. Maybe chat about your essay winning an award."

Wei ChengShu hung up with an ice cold smile still on his face. The girl he had pushed off earlier slowly climbed back up but his eyes didn't even shift. "Get off. Don't bother me."

The girl froze. She caught a glimpse of his handsome face that was partially curtained by his long bangs, it wore a dark heavy expression that momentarily made her too scared to move. Fortunately, at this time the door swung open. A few people similar in age walked in. XingKai, seeing the room's state, immediately burst into laughter: "Wow, why so spicy first thing in the morning? Little master Wei, you still gonna be able to go out today?"

Wei ChengShu threw him a sideways glance and tore the girl off his body before sitting up. "I got some stuff to take care of at home. Can't go out with you guys today."

"Ya can't, man!" XingKai immediately flared. "We already agreed, this time even Yuan ShiXing's gonna come. Speaking of Yuan family's little master, I heard he's childhood buddies with someone from Lu family. Wouldn't you regret not meeting him?"

Wei ChengShu laughed at the mention of that name. With a smirk, he looked the other guy while still buckling his belt: "My big brother thought about his butt~hole, you're not afraid I'll think about him too?"