Chapter 19 - Simple and crude exorcism method Part 1

The driver was crying, his face covered in blood. His head was beaten until it doubled in size. It really is a very desolate experience as a ghost to be able to achieve this level.

Tuan JieYi was a little hesitant, but Lu WenQing was thinking of his own experiences and how close he was to peeing his pants just moments earlier.

He'd been bullied by ghosts since he was little, but never before has he experienced the opposite. Looking at WeiXi's cold expression, an indescribable confidence bubbled up. He boldly sat upright and said: "You dare scare passengers and expect a 5 star review?! Keep dreaming!"

Ghost driver: "Wuuuwuuuuwuuuu....... T-T [sobbing]"

Lu WenQing, with his two hands forming a heart, peeked over at WeiXi, almost drunk from the pleasure of confrontation.

The ghost driver did not dare to blindly plea for pity anymore for fear of receiving a bad review and getting reported. After the car arrived in the correct suburb, he voluntarily opened the doors for them. His service attitude could be said to be impeccable.

Ruan ShiXing and his previous group of friends were already waiting near the haunted villa. When Lu WenQing approached them, several of them stretched their necks out and looked at him in confusion: "What's the matter with your driver? Why is his head all covered in blood?"

Lu WenQing hedged his answer after paying the fare: "We had a little incident on the road......"

Friends: "???" "He's injured this badly and it's no big deal?" "Even more unbelievable is that he still brought his passengers to their destination in that state? What kind of exceptional driver who can inspire China is this?"

Lu WenQing was reluctant to say anymore. Seeing that everyone had started persuading him to leave a good 5-star review, he quickly changed the topic: "So how long have you all been waiting here? Is his condition okay?"

The topic successfully switched back and they looked anxiously at Ruan ShiXing, who stood protected at the center of the group. Ruan ShiXing's face was a sad sight to behold. Under his eyes hung large black raccoon circles. He has been ill from the moment he last exited this haunted house to now, and the hospital couldn't find anything wrong with him. But he's unable to sleep night after night, because as soon as he closes his eyes, his mind would be filled with seductive voices. Even scarier than that was that sometimes if he laid in bed for too long, he would completely lose control of his limbs as if something large and immovable weighed down his body.

And so for the past few days he wouldn't even dare to lie down in bed. Exhausted to the extreme, he'd chosen a few hours to sit on the sofa for a bit of shut eye.

Everyone in his family said that he must be under too much pressure and imagined these encounters. He, with his many years of scientific study and knowledge, also thought this but still couldn't chase away the growing doubts deep inside his heart. Otherwise he wouldn't be 'trying to save a dead horse' and call Lu WenQing for help.

(T/N: 死马当作活马医 - Chinese proverb for "trying to save a dead horse as though it's alive" meaning grasping for straws, any straws, even when you know deep down there's no hope.)

When he heard Lu WenQing's question, Ran ShiXing just calmly shook his head. His eyes landed directly on the person who came with him(LWQ), WeiXi. The two social circles almost never overlap so his friends were very curious. They asked Lu WenQing who this person was. Tuan JieYi stepped forward to hand out business cards and everyone was shocked. So this is the person in charge of the recent hot topic, TaiCang Sect ah.

WeiXi seemed to have something to say when he saw Ruan ShiXing.

Ruan ShiXing couldn't help but speculate what this person, who's been secretly crushing on him, will say at a time like this? Then the other person opened his mouth.....