Chapter 23 - Ruan ShiXing: Yum!

Recently, the local forums and blogs were hot with gossip of the new super haunted house that opened in the suburbs of Beijing.

This haunted house hasn't been in business for very long but already has a great reputation. Since the site has a long history and the family suddenly died overnight, the backdrop alone painted a very dreary scene.

In fact this haunted house didn't attract much attention when it first opened. Even though its online marketing had been very aggressive, since it was in the capital city, entertainment venues were a dime a dozen. This type of venue that can be found in any ordinary amusement park doesn't have much allure for young people.

But the series of incidents that followed was outside of anyone's expectations. First, the haunted house stayed open for a while and then suddenly announced it was shutting down for rectification. At first, everyone thought that perhaps it was shut down for fire safety inspections or due to a lack of a valid business license. Who knew that the news that trickled out afterwards told of a customer that went in and was scared so badly that he fell ill. This customer's family was shockingly wealthy and their anger quickly forced the culprit to shut down.

As a result, this situation suddenly became very eye-catching. Many local youths reposted this news, exclaiming what kind of haunted house could this be that can send a person to the hospital.

Below the posts were comments from people who have been there, claiming that this haunted house was truly one of a kind and very different from the child's play haunted houses at the amusement parks. The atmosphere immediately pulls you in and a few girls even said that when they made it halfway through the course, they felt something ice cold touch their faces, like they were being gently caressed. But after careful observation, there was clearly nothing there.

Since remarks like that were simply too strange, naturally they were mocked by people who didn't believe, or who assumed that they were left by people the haunted house hired to promote itself.

This speculation became even more valid after the haunted house got shut down for a stint and then reopened with a brand new sign renaming the establishment as TaiCang Haunted House. Some people said see? It was all a marketing scheme.

At the same time this also attracted a lot of customers. Youths who had nothing better to do are always seeking the next rush of adrenaline. Many of them wanted to see in person this haunted house that frightened a rich second generation all the way to the sick bed. There were even some who wanted to personally poke through the schemes of these unscrupulous businesses that wanted to sensationalize themselves through bloggers.

But the latest developments from these people have switched from eagerness to: "Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!"

"Holy shit!!! Ghost!!!"

"Fuck! A bloody head suddenly got tossed under my feet! Motherfucker even blinked at me and laughed!!!! I tried to grab it but only grabbed at air and the fucker was still there, what kind of goddamn sorcery is this! Is this all holograms?!!"

"Fuck me....... The moment I walked out of the haunted house, the sunlight was so beautiful."

"My legs turned weak from fright.... The female ghost inside is really an amazing actor. She fell from the ceiling right in front of me without using any cushions. I don't know what props she had in her mouth but her tongue stretched longer than my arm......."

"I'm on my knees! Which company developed this TaiCang haunted house! It's on an entirely different league than those wannabe haunted houses at the amusement park!"

"Too stimulating!! I have to bring my friends and play again! I haven't come across a venue this interesting in a very long time!"

"Three hundred for a ticket is not expensive at all! Who knows how much investment went into a haunted house like this, the production is too exquisite! From beginning to end all the staff who  appeared were holographic projections and can even interact with you. It's like they're right in front of you! I've never seen such projections with this level of realism before!"