The Tragedy - Chapter 20

She woke up to her phone ringing. As she reached to pick it up, she felt a sharp pain in her head, like someone was smashing it. This caught her off guard for a moment, but she still grabbed her phone and looked at the time. It was 11:00 in the morning, and her Dad was calling her. "Shit."

She answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, I called you three times. You okay?" He asked.

Morgan yawned. "Yeah, sorry, I didn't hear the phone ring."

"Did you just wake up?" He asked, sounding a little annoyed.

"Um, yeah, I slept in late." She took a sharp breath, holding her head. "My head is killing me."

"Yeah, you're hungover." He told her. "Just take an Advil and drink a lot of water. You'll feel better soon."

Morgan was surprised by how calm he was. "Thanks. You don't sound as mad as I thought you would."

"No, I'm pretty pissed." McGee informed her. "And we are definitely going to have a talk about it. But, I know you've had a rough time. I'm not trying to excuse your behavior, but you haven't been surrounded by responsible adults lately, and I know that can affect decisions. I'm just ready to get you home."

"I am too." Morgan confessed. "I was upset that I wouldn't be able to go to any more bonfires, but I don't think I'll ever want to go back."

McGee laughed. "That's just the hangover talking. You'll probably change your mind the next time you get invited, but I'm still not gonna let you go."

"I know." Morgan chuckled.

"So, how are you feeling about the trial tomorrow?"

"Pretty good." She answered. "I'm ready to get it over with. I just hope the Fielding's don't ask about my decision beforehand."

"If they do, just tell them the truth." He told her. "They can't do anything about it. It's up to the judge. Well, I have to get back to work, but if you need anything - "

"Just call." Morgan finished.

"Glad to see I burned it into your brain." McGee chuckled. "I love you."

"Love you, too" She said before hanging up.

She flopped back into the bed before getting up and washing the makeup off her face. She put on a lounge set before going downstairs to find Advil and water. Martha was washing dishes, and noticed her hungover state. She told the girl to sit down while she got the aspirin and water.

"You should take about two of these, and keep a water bottle with you throughout the day." The maid informed her. "You'll be alright."

"Thanks." Morgan smiled before taking the medicine. As soon as she swallowed, Mrs. Fielding walked into the kitchen.

"You didn't come down for breakfast." She told Morgan, coolly.

"Sorry, I was really tired from last night and didn't feel good, so I slept in." Morgan told her, not exactly lying.

"At least it's the weekend." Mrs. Fielding paused and thought for a moment. "Your grandfather and I have something we'd like to talk to you about in the living room, if you wouldn't mind joining us?"

"Sure." Morgan responded, taking another sip of the water. She got up and dumped the rest out into the sink. While she did this, she started recording on her phone, but kept it in her pocket so no one would know. She then followed her grandmother into the living room, where she found her grandfather sitting in a nice recliner.