The Tragedy - Chapter 22

She entered the building, and saw the normal security officers, Michael and Jane, sitting at their desks.

"Hey, Morgan!" Jane greeted. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, hey! My friend's Mom just dropped me off, I'm getting ready to have dinner with my Dad!" She lied.

"Oh, cool. Just step through the metal detector and you're good to go."

Morgan did as she was told, and waved her goodbye as she got on the elevator. She decided to go to the bullpen first, just in case her Dad was at his desk. When she arrived, all the desks were empty. They were probably still out on a case. So, she took the elevator back down to Abby's lab. Luckily, when she entered, Abby was standing there on her computer.

"Abby!" She exclaimed.

The scientist turned around. "Morgan? What are you — "

She was cut off by Morgan running up to her and hugging her tightly. "They almost took me to Mexico! They made a fake passport and everything! I thought I was never gonna see you or Dad again, and..."

"Woah, slow down!" Abby said. "Come into my office and sit down. You look exhausted. How did you get here?"

The two girls went through the door into Abby's office in the back, while Morgan explained everything that happened. She was in the middle of telling Abby about how the staff had saved her when she heard someone walk into the lab.

"Abby!" It was McGee. Morgan ran towards the door to see her Dad standing at the entrance to the lab, looking down at his phone. "I was in the middle of an arrest, so I left my phone in the car, and Morgan called like three times. Every time I call her back it goes to voicemail and I'm getting worried. Have you talked to her?"

McGee still hadn't looked up from his phone. Abby, who was standing next to Morgan, was about to say something. However, before she could, Morgan had run up to her father and hugged him tighter than she had hugged Abby. "Dad!"

"Morgan?!" He yelled in surprise. "Why aren't you with your grandparents?"

She almost burst into tears at the mention of them. "They were gonna take me away!"

"Take you where?"

"To Mexico." She cried, stepping back. "They made me a fake passport and everything! When I said I didn't want to go they locked me in a closet with no service, so I couldn't call anyone. I was in there forever until some of the staff saved me. One of them drove me to the house, and you weren't there, and I tried to call you but you didn't answer and then my phone died, and then they dropped me off here."

"Hold on, how the hell did they make a fake passport?" McGee exclaimed, looking at Abby.

"It's tough, but it can be done." Abby explained. "They must have spent a fortune on it."

McGee put a hand on his face, and redirected his attention to his daughter. "Do they know you're here?"

"I don't know." She answered, still upset. "They didn't see me leave, but they may have noticed I was gone by now."

"If they did notice, the first place they would go is the house." McGee said, pulling out his phone. "I have that Ring doorbell with the camera, so it will show me if anyone's been at the house."

The two girls waited as McGee looked at his phone. "They were there ten minutes ago. They probably think you went to the police, which means they're on the run."

He paused for a moment to organize his thoughts. "Okay, I'm going up to the bullpen to talk to Gibbs. Abby, try to find out anything you can about their whereabouts; phone, credit card, emails." He looked at Morgan. "I need to keep an eye on you, so you're coming with me."