⁕ 31 ⁕

T r u t h 

Chaeyoung couldn't express her happiness, now that she and Jimin are slowly getting back their old relationship again. Those times when they could just fool around and do silly things, she could finally feel that they're somewhat in good terms.

Though, there's still times that she doubt so she doesn't entirely trust him, and doesn't give him all her attention. She's afraid that he might break her again to pieces; she doesn't know what to do anymore or what to decide if he'll break her again.

She was all smiles as she came back to their dorm. She and Jimin just had a date in a coffee shop nearby, and they had a good talk and most importantly, they had a good time together. Just the two of them.

She wished that moment won't end, but it had to. They  parted ways  eventually, and Jimin is nicest since he gave her a ride home.

She stood in front of their dorm with her smile almost reaching her ears as she fumbled inside her bag for her key. Then night is deep already, so her co-members might be asleep already.

She was busy fumbling inside her bag when the door hung open making her jump on her place. It revealed Jennie in her pajamas, looking at her with atmost confusion and irritance.

She doesn't know why.

"Is this the time a decent woman should come back home?" Jennie asked her when she entered the door. She rolled her eyes in annoyance as she put her bag on the couch.

Here she comes again. Ruining her fun.

"I had something to do, unnie. I'm sorry I came home late." She answered lazily as she went straight to the stairs to rest.

Jennie spoke, halting her steps.

"You're with him again?" 
Chaeyoung froze at her question. She knows it was true, and she doesn't know how to answer her question. Jennie chuckled humorlessly in response.

"God, Chaeyoung. When will you learn?" Jennie spat rudely making her ears tingle. Her hands unconciously formed into a fist as her lips thinned at the same time.

"You know how much of a jerk he is, and yet you're letting him fool you? Are you blind?" She heard her steps slowly coming towards her so she slowly turned her back so she could face her.

"I know what I'm doing, unnie. I have my decicions now, and so myself is my own responsibility. Not yours." Her voice came out cold and distant. 

She doen't even know why is she defending Jimin in this moment.  She felt like she had to, like she wanted to.

She heard Jennie's  chukle of disbelief as she looked at her.
"See? This is now the result of being with him! You're being rebelious! Is that how you are now, Chaeyoung? Just for a fucking guy?"

Chaeyoung bit her lips.
"Jimin is not like unnie. I know him, and I know that he's good person." Chaeyoung answered with a confident voice.

Jennie chuckled coldly. "Why the fuck are defending him?! Why are you so innocent that you can't even see his real purpose of getting close to you?"

"Because he loves me!" Chaeyoung exclaimed. 
But I'm not sure anymore...

"Then why did he came with Seulgi that night inside the bar? If he loves you, why would he kiss a girl? Why would he be with a girl that's not you?" Jennie questioned her. That was the moment her toungue felt like it was twisted and couldn't form a word.

"H-He already a-apologized—"
"And you accpeted him again?! Why?! You love him that much?!"

Chaeyoung lost all the words that wanted to go out of her mouth. She got speechless and surprised of Jennie's sudden raise of voice.

"Because from what I see, Chaeyoung. He doesn't love you. He just don't." Her calm voice came back again. Chaeyoung felt something was stuck inside her throast. Little needles stabbed her heart on what she heard.

Does he really don't?

"H-How could you say so?—"
"I heard him talking to Bang pd." Jennie answered coldly.

Nervousness crept into her heart. She gulped multiple times as she felt cold sweats form on her forehead and her palms. 

Her mind and her heart is contemplating whether to continue their argument, or to dismiss it because whatever her Jennie unnie might say, will surely break her into pieces again.

"You know what Jimin said to him?" Jennie asked her. Her lips trembled when Jennie slowly walked colser to her while she stared at Chaeyoung with her piercing eyes.

"He said, he wanted you to finish the collaboration already, so he could finally get off your grip." Chaeyoung's tears formed inside her eyes.

"S-Stop—"
"He said he wanted to be with Seulgi. But you're just such a hindrance to him." Jennie continued anyway.

"I-I said stop!—"
"Everyting he did was just for a show, Chaeyoung! It was just for fame and exposure!"

"Stop now unnie!"
"Everything he did was part of the script! A plan, a play to make everything more intersting in the eyes of your fans."

"Make it stop!"
Chaeyoung bursted out crying as she flopped herself on the floor. She covered her face with the both of her hands and let out a cry. Jennie just looked at her crying helplessly on the floor, her face shows nothing but coldness, but her eyes reflected sympathy and worry.

"Your fans' name, the two of you going to the beach, the kisses you did, the visit you did to his grandma, everything is part of the plan Chaeyoung. They fooled you real good." Jennie spoke calmly.

"I d-don't wnna hear it anymore, p-please." She covered her ears with her hands as she continued to cry silently.

"I'm sorry I had to tell you this way. You have to wake up to reality, Chaeyoung." Jennie spoke carefully and softly.

He's someone you could never have."

A/N:

Is someone still present?

Please forgive me if I update slow because I am trying to do all my responsibility all at once. At school, at home, at church, and at this app.

I appreciate your love to this story, but please don't pressure me too much :)

Thank you my lovliess! <33
[Happy borthday Jimin <3]

• 𝐉𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐞♡•