𝟭𝟬 | 𝗔𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

The next morning [Name] woke up with swollen, red puffy eyes and a pounding headache, she had cried for a third time after taking down the photos

It was currently past the time school had started, yet [Name] was still at home.

When her mother came out she was shocked to see [Name] still at home, "are you ok dear?" She asked as she walked up to her daughter. [Name] shrugged her shoulders "I don't feeling like going to school today" she said emotionlessly as she ate her cereal slowly.

Her mother showed signs of concern but didn't dwell on it, "I'll ring the school and tell them you're feeling a bit under the weather" she smiled as she went to get the phone.

This was odd behaviour coming from [Name] considering how much she studied for school, Sabine was worried for her daughter but she knew that [Name] wouldn't tell her about it even if she asked.

After eating [Name] placed her bowl in the sink and went to the cupboard to get out some medicine to relieve her headache. Her mother watched [Name] as she talked to the school on the phone, [Name] didn't seem like her usual self, whereas Marinette seemed happier lately.

After taking the medication [Name] went up the stairs to go sleep in her room.

* * *

Marinette had come home to see her mother sitting at the table with a worried look on her face.

"Mum? What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked as she walked up to her mother "I'm fine dear, it's [Name] I'm worried about. She hasn't gone to school today and she's more quieter than usual" her mother explained, Marinette's face grew with worry.

No wonder why I hadn't seen her at school, Luka seemed a bit down today as well. Marinette thought to herself as she looked at the stairs leading up to the bedrooms.

Marinette pulled away from her mother and walked up the stairs "I'm just gonna check up on her" she stated as she climbed.

She made her way towards the door leading to [Name]'s room. Marinette knocked on the door only to find it swing open slowly.

The room was dark, the curtains were closed and covering the windows and it was slightly messy, there was a small pile of clothes on the floor and [Name]'s school bag was chucked on top of her desk.

Marinette walked into the room and straight towards the bed, she tapped the bundle of blankets to only be welcomed by softness. She threw the blanket off the bed and found nothing, [Name] wasn't in her room.

Marinette ran back down the stairs and towards the door leading out "is everything ok Marinette?" Her mother called out, the girl turned around and gave her mum a sheepish smile "all good mum, I forgot that I was supposed to meet up with Alya" she lied as she exited the house.

Where did she go? Is she at Luka's? Marinette thought as she crossed the road and made her way to his home. She saw Luka on the deck and asked if [Name] was there but he shook his head.