Consume

I know there's a blade were your
heart is and you know
How to use it

Consume - chase Atlantic

***
Marinette

"Why did you quit?" Alya's harsh tone coming from my speaker, this was one of the questions I was trying to avoid.

"I realised it just wasn't for me." Alya groans at me "I'm calling bullshit on that girl, you have always wanted to work at Gabriel. I can't see you quitting after you finally got taken on for a paid apprenticeship." I sigh as I know detective Cesaire is sadly never going to give up.

"Alya I know this decision is a shock you trust me it is to me as well and so it will be for everyone else, but trust me I didn't quit easily I really wanted to stay but it really just wasn't for me and I'm really not in the mood to talk about it." I say as I try calmly to tell a half assed version as to why I quit.

"Understand Marinette? It was your dream job! I can understand if it didn't meet your standards for what you want in your career. But what are you going to do now? I mean Gabriel payed a canny bit to say you were only an apprentice."

I sigh as I have been looking for jobs all morning scanning the internet, LinkedIn, instagram and even twitter.

"Already a step ahead of you I have been scouring the Internet high and low, I have found a few small boutiques and a few bridal shops for tailoring." I say confidently as I know my searching hasn't been futile. "Wow you have been busy then girl." Alya happily cheers for me.

I let out a soft chuckle agreeing with her as we continued to gossip about Alya's office drama, from one of her married coworkers having an affair with one of the receptionists.

We say our goodbyes as our girly gossip dies down, I turn my focus onto my apple music playlist and click to play the newest song from Lukas and Julekas band. I bop my head as the song starts with juleka speaking Japanese, then I hear the lead singer's vocals.

He definitely can sing, no wonder this song is currently topping the charts. I'm very happy for Luka and Juleka. I'm glad their music is finally getting the recognition they deserve...

***
In the studio...
Adrien

Currently sitting in a meeting room with my band as we see our song consume reaching the number 1 spot on the French music charts, and also has entered in the global billboard hot 100. So clearly everyone is excited and panicked as we weren't expecting this type of success this quick.

"We're in the top 10 in the UK!" Nino jumps up from the office chairs, in the meeting room and starts doing his little happy dance he does when he gets overly excited.

I let out a small smile as I'm happy for us and our band, but I can't help but think logically in this situation.

My father told me it would hard to become a musician especially with me being the son of a fashion legend, as it's sad to say nepotism is very popular in the rich industry especially since I'm not the only one as Juleka and Luka are the son and daughter of rock legend Jagged Stone.

I can't help but flutter my eyes to Luka as I see the proud look on his face, his dad sadly hasn't got the recognition over in America but is still fairly famous around Europe.