Swim

The water's getting colder, let me in your ocean, swim

Out in California, I'll be forward stroking, swim

So hard to ignore ya, 'specially when I'm smoking, swim

World is on my shoulders, keep your body open, swim

Swim- Chase Atlantic
***

Next day in the studio...
Adrien

Feeling anxious was an understatement. I was patiently waiting for Marinette to come in, sitting in the corner of the studio with her sketchbook on her lap.

In the studio at the moment is me, Luka and Ivan like we originally planned yesterday. "I think we're so close to completing the Ep and album." Luka says, sitting back on the chair.

"I want to record oh mami and swim right now." I say suddenly. Ivan's eyes widened in shock, "are you sure?" He asks, looking at me and Luka.

Luka nods. "We can add Ninos' vocals later. We know he's busy getting us scheduled to perform on 'when we're not asleep yet'." Luka says, rubbing his forehead.

"Isn't that Alec Cataldis' new late night talk show?" Ivan asks curiously.

"Yup and they want a new and upcoming artist to generate hype. So we're agreeing to perform but no interview." I nod as I walk into the recording booth.

"Keeps the mystery alive, I suppose." He nods, turning on all the lights and mics.

"Whenever you're ready Adrien." Luka says to me through the glass. I nod and start singing.

The lyrics flow and we're in the vibe easily. We know Nino will want to play with the sounds later on. Plus we need his vocals as well.

An hour later...

I'm out of the booth sat with Luka and Ivan listening and adding backing tracks to the vocals.

The door opens up to Marinette, Nino and Juleka. "Yo bitches!" Juleka says happy as can be which Nino just shakes his head at.

Marinette looks a bit down, but I can tell by the smile she's trying to put on for everybody.

"Nino has told me that the music video is being posted today." she says with a soft smile. Ivan and Luka just look at each other confused.

"Okay, so you guys know I was on the phone to the producers for that late night talk show. Anyways, they're interested in having us perform but they really want an interview. So I think we should give them something to talk about."

"We know that interview is an introduction, but the music video also says a lot. Plus they want us on Friday night if we post the music video now the hype for Friday night will be insane. people will have way more questions and we want to establish a fan base." Nino explains.

It makes total sense we leave a little bit of mystery, but we will have to get an  established fandom hopefully. My focus now was the music video, so I turned to Ivan.

"Ivan, has Mylene finished editing the video?" I ask ivan.

"Yes she finished this morning. She gave me this usb. I forgot to give it to you this morning." Ivan says handing me the usb stick.