Friends

And what the hell were we?
Tell me we weren't just friends

This doesn't make much sense, no
But I'm not hurt, I'm tense

'Cause I'll be fine without you, babe

Friends - Chase Atlantic
***
Adrien

I'm currently in the TVI studio waiting for everyone to arrive. I am early as I can't have my father finding out what I am doing in my spare time, as that man still loves to have me on a short leash.

He can't have the face of the company making songs, about how much me and Juleka love women.

If he found out I know for a fact he would just say it was a PR stunt for the brand, to introduce more sales.

Even though his target audience now is 30 year old women, who have a thing for younger men.

We knew 'consume' would reach the audience of teenage girls, 'boy bands' typically do. Even though we're not a boy band.

TikTok and other social media platforms have risen us to new heights, ones that I didn't even think would be possible.

I sit down on the settee, that's in the recording studio waiting for everyone to arrive. I pull out my phone as I scroll through social media on the band's page, liking comments and positive feedback.

I then hear the door open, which instantly I turn my head to the door. To see Marinette walk through the door. She looks very stylish and professional but you can tell she has that innocent facade about her, and it shows in her fashion sense.

She closes the door with a cream tote bag and boxes of pastries. "Good morning Marinette." I smile at her trying to seem warm and friendly.

She smiles at me sweetly. "Hey Mr Agreste." Her voice is full of politeness. "Please call me Adrien, Mr Agreste is my father."

"Oh, well I didn't want to assume anything." she bites her lip anxiously. "I wouldn't worry about it Marinette, my intent isn't to create a hostile working environment or work you to the bone." I am definitely hinting at my father.

"That's good to know, I hope we can be good friends." Her smile is breathtakingly full of sincerity. Friends? It's hard to imagine having many friends, especially since it was only me and Nino for a while. It got better once we found Luka and Juleka, they really expanded our horizons at 17.

"I hope we can too." I smile. "Oh! I also brought breakfast for everyone, papa says it's good luck and that it always manages to get you into everyone's good books." She puts the box of pastries down on the glass coffee table.

"Your papa is right then Marinette, you're already in mine. We will all eat when everyone gets here." She nods her head as she sits down and opens her tote bag to get  out all her tape and pencil cases along with her sketch book. Which also happens to be very pink and very Marinette if that makes sense.

"So, I want to take everyone's measurements so I can tailor it exactly to how you like it and to also make it comfortable." I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that sounds all well and good."

"Juleka has told me a little about you guys wearing masks, she hasn't given me too much information." she picks up her sketchbook flicking through the pages.