Low

Keep it on the lowski,

I'm the lowest of the lowest

wanna see if you can keep it like nobody knows shit

low - SZA
***
Marinette

I'm panicking, that's all I am feeling at this giving moment. "Girl you got to stop worrying, I can hear you overthink through the goddamn phone." Alya berates me as she knows how I get.

"Sorry but this is a big deal, Juleka and Luka specifically asked for me to be interviewed." I say as I let the worries that consume my mind fly out of my mouth, which in turns Alya to huff at my words.

"Girl you're practically already hired, we both know Juleka will be singing your praises on no end." she states in her 'I'm always right so don't even try to disagree with me as you won't get far.'

I shake my head as the doubt of me even being able to pull this off is weighing heavy on my mind. "I know Alya and I'm so grateful for Juleka and Luka but I wasn't even cut out for Gabri." In an automatic I was cut off from Alya with her mum voice in full force.

"Don't even finish that sentence Marinette we both know you were too good for Gabriel, heck I don't even know the full story but from what I have heard from past employees his HR department is full of shit. So if that doesn't say a lot about him as a CEO, I don't know what does." I sigh as I know deep down she's right.

"Look, I will focus and do my best and I will tell you later how it goes." I try to pull off a confident tone but I can tell Alya isn't falling for it, one bit. "Just do your best girl, whatever happens I'm proud of you.." Alya says with sincerity. We end the call saying our loves and goodbyes.

I look at my sketch book and look at the art work that's on Spotify, for the song Consume. It's black and electric green Japanese anime character with an early 2000s computer theme, I suddenly get a wave of inspiration set through me. I grab my sketchbook and vision a black suit, with green trim and unique elements. I always find when I design something, that the people who are hiring me haven't per say asked for it. It tends to give a good reference at my talent and if I match up with their vision.

I continue designing as I feel my inspiration and ideas flow to the pages in my sketchbook. I look at the time and see I only have 20 minutes to get dressed and to leave the house. 'Shit shit shit why do I leave everything to the last minute' my mind cries, as I scramble to get dressed and do minimal make-up to look presentable.

I rush out of the bakery saying goodbye to maman and papa before I go, I rush out of the house and onto the Metro. I text Juleka I might be a little late. Which she responds with, don't worry. I know what you're like with a laughing emoji, letting me know how predictable I am.

I get off the train and rush to the Hotel as that's where the meeting is taking place.

Thankfully, due to having to Leave my last year of Lycée, I have never had a need to set foot in this hotel.

Lets' just hope I don't bump into Chloe...

I go to the front desk and give my details and my proof of the meeting as they direct me where I need to be. I walked down the corridor, where the receptionist told me to go. I see two big double doors, and a sign that says conference room above the door.