Heartless

(Trigger warning: sexual assault, sexual harassment, offensive language.)

'Cause I'm heartless

And I'm back to my ways 'cause I'm heartless

All this money and this pain got me heartless

Low life for life 'cause I'm heartless
Said I'm heartless

Heartless- The Weeknd

***

A couple weeks ago, before Marinette quit at Gabriel...

Marinette

I walk into Gabriel headquarters with my head held high. You have to in a place like this, everybody is judging you for something or someone. I head towards the Intern design department. My whole body feels rigged with anxiety, sadly I have to cope with a horrible manager.

At first I didn't think he was that bad when I first started, Theo Bardot a man of many talents and a junior Designer. Well, so he thinks and so did I when I was university at ESMOD.  But now I know who he really is..

He's nothing but a fake and creep sadly, he steals designs off the interns and if he takes a liking to you then. You're his favourite toy for the time being until someone else catches his interest.

I'm sadly his at the moment, I know when I am called into his office he wants one of two things. He will either put his grimy hands all over me, even when I beg and no, he just ignores my pleas. It doesn't matter what I want at all, I'm below him and that's it.

He will ask to see my sketchbook and pick out his favourites and then pass them off his own. But, I would rather him steal from me than have his hands in places I don't want him to touch.

I finally make my way over to my desk and I proceed  to get all my designs out. Linnie, who is also a fellow design intern, is in the cubicle next to me.

We both hit it off when we realised we aren't the biggest fan of Theo. Yet the rest of the girls and even some of the guys loved him.  I always admired his work  before I was hired. But when I realised that he actually doesn't do it himself, my respect for him went completely down the drain.

"Hey Marinette, I'm just going to make some coffee. Would you like some?" Linnie asks, popping her head over the cubicle. 
I smile at her, "you're the best!" I smile at her as she gives me a soft smile heading into the community kitchen. I check my computer and open up my emails.

I took the abuse of what Theo has been doing to me for months finally to HR. I sent an email last Friday submitting my evidence, I hope that it will actually be taken seriously.

I click open the email I have received  from HR.

Dear Miss Dupain-Cheng

Thank you, for coming forward with this information and evidence. For your case against Mr Barbot, we have reviewed this complaint and the HR manager has decided.

Due to the severity of this claim and that you have accused Mr Barbot of sexual misconduct,  case has been passed onto the CEO of the company as this does affect the Brands image. You have a meeting scheduled at 13:00 today with Mr Agreste.