Glitch X Halt (Fluff)

Progress was slow in the hotel that day; humans were cooperating and keeping cautious, not straying away as they typically did.

Glitch didn't mind having free time during work hours, but he didn't have anyone to spend it with. While his hollow body no-clipped into walls, phasing in and out of existence. Many particles jittered about his body, colourful and vibrant.

Walking through a wall, Glitch found himself in a sitting room. Several pieces of salmon-pink furniture dotted the space, in front of a roaring fireplace.

The orangey yellow hues lit up the room, crawling over the walls. Taking a seat, Glitch heaved out a sigh.

Musing to nobody, Glitch spoke up, 

"God, where's all the action today?"

His rhetoric question, to his perplexion, was answered by a soft, shy tone.

"Yeah, the humans are being very inactive, huh?"

Halt coyly loomed in the doorway, arm folded.

Glitch allowed himself a small smile at the entity's presence; him and Halt had a secretive relationship, one which none of the others knew about.

Calling Halt over, Glitch motioned for him to sit besides him on the sofa.

The introvert did as instructed, making his way to the seating area. Timidly, he sat next to Glitch, his head bowed.

"I take it the day's been slow for you too then, Halt?" Glitch asked, knowing his response before he could even think one up.

"Yeah, i-it's been a bit...empty in my hallway today. I like it, but it's just...unusual." Halt croaked, sounding held-back and quiet," I don't normally miss the company, but it's just.."

Propping his head against Glitch's shoulder, he sighed and stopped talking. He was positive he'd sent the memo already, and it was pointless to fill the air with purposeless chatter. If anything, he preferred the silence to anything that came out of his own mouth. 

He didn't feel tired, but there was an urge to feel whatever closeness Glitch was willing to offer him. Contact wasn't something he openly admitted he liked, as he only allowed it with the right people, but he was willing to accept it from Glitch. 

Glitch's arm snaked its way around Halt's shoulder, a firm grip on the smaller entity. Subtly, Halt leaned in to try and preserve this closeness, possibly even get more of it. Comfort - that's what Halt found in his arms; there was a feeling alike to that of ruling the world, or being of godlike status. It was in comprehensibly powerful, unable to be described in full and he cherished it for every second he could. If he could stay frozen in that moment forever, he would've without hesitation. 

Glitch's hand ran up and down his shoulder, his fond touch sending electricity through the other's veins. How much this meant to the receiver, he'd never know to its full extent. 

Resting his head on Glitch's shoulder blade, Halt breathed out a relaxed sigh and closed his eyes. There was no tiredness, no boredom, but an appreciation and a safety; this was the only place he could truly be vulnerable. 

Shutting his eyes completely, Halt rested there without a care in the world. Something about this intimacy was so enticing to him, yet he feared it. he feared whatever hold that Glitch had on him. 

Placing his lips on Halt's forehead, Glitch kissed him goodnight as he vowed to watch him throughout the night without fail.