CHAPTER 4

Princess Titania and Duke Rayman met each other for the first time as betrothed when they were only five years old.

“Don't show your weaknesses.”

These words were added by the Duke of Castrine, who seldom visited the Imperial Palace, as he took his first-born son.

“She’s a child, so anything can change, but…”

Duke Castrine looked down at the eldest son, who, even at a young age, was more energetic than any grown-up.

“The opponent is the imperial family, and we were forced to marry into their family. Just adjust to it in moderation until you reach the age. It might be better than to give an excuse for ignorant wolves to stalk you.”

Rayman simply nodded his head at what his father and the owner of the house had said. The imperial family was behind them. He couldn't have known that.

The five-year-old Titania he met at the imperial palace was pretty.

The little girl, with her long white blonde hair drooping and blinking gleaming green eyes, was literally a doll.

The moment his eyes met hers for the first time, he stopped without realizing it.

She was still a child, and the cumbersome trinkets hanging from her wrists and head made her look like a ludicrous mannequin.

Titania, who glanced at this side with her blushing cheeks, was rather like an angel wrapped around them with a halo.

It was unfamiliar for Rayman to compare her to looking at god.

Had she kept her first meeting the same, maybe Rayman would have kept that image of his fiance as it was.

However, Princess Titania was obsessed with Rayman.

The direct blood relatives of the Duke of Castrine hardly stayed in the capital. He stayed in the Northern Territory for more than two-thirds of a year, only going there for the New Year's banquet at the Imperial Palace and the summer socializing season.

Since Rayman was the next Duke, he had a lot of work to do and a lot of responsibilities. Along with the bloodline secrets that should never be revealed to outsiders.

In the first place, the fiance that he couldn’t even see a few times a year, he thought it was okay to just treat her like that.

Always, Titania clung to Rayman. When he didn't respond, she became even more tenacious. Nevertheless, Rayman did not give her the reaction she wanted.

Because she always wished for something she couldn't wish for from him.

“…Why doesn't Rayman like me the most?”

“Why did Rayman…”

“I like Rayman the most…”

Only once, Princess Titania cried in front of him.

It would have been after he gave his first dance of the year at the birthday banquet of the Countess of Orland's daughter-in-law, a faithful vassal of the Dukes of Castrine.

It was the words that she, who always sat up perfectly dressed, smiled like a doll, spat out words like a little child, not caring whether her makeup had melted or not at the end of her anger.

He was used to her getting angry, and was accustomed to her grunting her teeth saying she was going to kill that damn bitch.

Since she was his fiance, behaving like that somehow did make sense. However, it was unfamiliar to cry as if he had let everything go like that.