CHAPTER 6

However, I think it's worth it, because I was someone who wouldn't learn and whose self-esteem is shattered, and is obsessed with her fiance.

Even if I say to myself, ‘I’m sorry’, ‘I’m sorry’, ‘I can’t help it either. Wouldn't it be nice if I had my hair cut when I was younger', and so on over and over again.

It is said that it is difficult for people to objectively view themselves, but I have already been reincarnated as an adult who knows everything about Titania’s situation in the book.

I was just, until yesterday, like a stranger and pitiful.

"But looking at what you just said..."

The duke's eyelashes blinked slowly. His soft golden eyes looked at me and smiled deceitfully, hiding his complex emotions.

“…The appearance of the princess I have seen so far seems to be a lie.”

Anyway, he probably thought this: I thought you were an idiot, but how the hell did you get the family secret out and hit the back of my head?

“I wonder if the princess is the person who worked hard to change her thoughts…?”

This is too blatant.

I shrugged and replied.

“I just had some water from the tall tree in the garden near the balcony on the second floor of the Rose Palace.”

"...What?"

“My mind just changed a little bit.”

I almost died, but when I agreed to him implicitly, saying that he was right, Duke Rayman could not hide his bewildered face.

That's right, it was something Princess Titania would never do if she was sane...

And even if Duke Rayman comes here and digs up news from the members of the Rose Palace in Titania, he will not be able to get anything out of it.

She’s really dead. So what do I do when I wake up and change one day?

If there was at least one 'really' friendly person, she wouldn't have been able to hide her ideals.

A maid or a maid who truly takes care of you. A nurse. Or friend...

But Titania had nothing. So in any case, the hand I can move is only a small amount of trading using the whims, interests, and future knowledge of this 'nominal fiance', whether to imprison me in the future or to expel me from my marriage.

"...The Princess said that she wanted a 'deal'."

Thinking that I wouldn't be able to tell the truth right away, Rayman loosened his shoulders and cast his gaze as if searching this way.

“When you tell me that you have prepared a ‘gift’, you’re talking about a ‘deal’. It doesn't match.”

His eyes were sharp as if piercing me. I replied with a bashful smile.

"That's right, life in the world is a give-and-take. Of course, if I give it to you, Duke Rayman will have to give back."

“By the way, haven’t you already told me about the location of Gloriana’s Emblem?”

“I believe in my fiance. I also believe you will swallow the gift I have prepared with all my heart and will not turn your eyes away, pretending not to know.”

“How many people can say that the Princess is a 'mischievous fiancee'?”

Are you asking because you don't know? Almost all the people of the Empire... The corners of my lips trembled. No, now, no matter what, I think I used to show basic manners in front of my fiance?