CHAPTER 5

(Third person POV)

The story of the first emperor of the empire, the founding myth, and the four heroes who protected him was famous.

The first emperor succeeded in eradicating the beasts that occupied the continent and establishing a barrier to isolate them.

Then, god descended directly and gave power to the five heroes who brought peace to the continent.

After the first emperor, the empire prospered. The imperial family also made good use of the power of light.

But several hundred years have passed.

All the stories were dismissed as myths, and the imperial family could not use the power of light.

Give each of the heroes the power of fire, wind, earth and water. And to the Emperor, the power of light to encompass and control it all.

The families of heroes declined and left no name, and only one Duke of Castrine remained intact.

The Castrine family, who had been in charge of the northern barrier alone, reached its limit. The barrier was starting to weaken.

So, as a way to strengthen the barrier, they found weapons with divine power that the heroes used.

One of them was <Gloriana's Emblem>..

Of course, the most important thing was that the Duke of Castrine was secretly collecting ancient weapons from the imperial family, and Titania in front of him was telling a story related to it.

In the original way, no one in the imperial family should know.

Rayman didn't think twice.

The blade, which came out of the sheath without making a single noise, stopped right in front of Titania's throat.

“…What is the purpose, Princess Titania?”

The duke’s golden eyes flashed eerily, like a wild beast that meets an enemy that threatens its nest.

*****

(Titania's POV)

If you ask me what my purpose is, I'm guessing it's natural to answer exactly what I want!

Immediate breakup.

A three-story or higher building in downtown Yolk in the capital. A suitable low-ranking aristocratic status that no one knows even if they borrow their name!

And 50 million gold in cash.

A means of safe escape from the imperial court.

“…”

…I can't say that. Damn it.

I had to struggle not to cry and pray as I looked at the black blade that stopped right in front of my throat.

Wow.

The surface of my skin stung. How is it that my fiance was so calm even when Titania before I possessed tap danced but he’s acting like a bastard in front of me?

My hands and feet quickly became cold, and I felt my ears pop. But I desperately raised the corners of my lips and smiled.

To the opponent who looked at me with clear eyes that seemed to eat my every move.

"Should I call it an 'engagement gift'?"

I closed my eyes and smiled, glad that my lips did not tremble.

Like a natural and capricious princess.

“So, Duke Rayman… I've never given you a plausible gift before."