CHAPTER 10

"So what do you want to do?"

Rayman was silent for a moment as if unexpectedly at the question that fell on him

"Are you asking my intentions?"

Duke Castline nodded, slowly exhaling the smoke from his cigar.

Ortho Cassian el Castline.

magic slayer. The strongest man on the continent.

The head of the duchy of Castline.

The owner of all those modifiers was a man with the impression of a tiger with faded fur from old age.

His once-black hair was gray as if it had been covered with ash, and a scar ran vertically across his left eye.

"You actually went to the mine to confirm that there really is (Gloriana's Insignia) before you even reported it to me."

Perhaps it was because he was embarrassed. After reporting to the duke at best, it shouldn't turn out to be a lie. However, it was too important an issue to deal with as an after-action report.

If it was unbelievable information that came from the mouth of a princess who was famous for being a mojiri and an idiot. Even more.

"why? If somehow, your wild fiancée lied to you, Do you think I'm going to get angry? No, no one gets mad at dolls that play with adults tied to them."

At those words, Rayman's eyebrows grew stronger.

"...Or, if I misjudged."

"Are you feeling guilty? It will become a useless stone, or rather, a chain that will entangle your ankles if you sympathize with them wrongly. Maybe it wasn't like that?"

Rayman hesitated for a moment.

"....I don't feel guilty. It was a reasonable choice for the family."

"The Bradley family is the emperor's dog. No matter the how old or abandoned mines are, it's too soon. It would be a big deal if we carelessly touch it and give them an excuse for nothing."

"Sorry for being rash."

Duke Castline watched his first son with strange eyes.

The Duke of Castline himself, didn't think he was a good adult.

If one sacrifice can save one hundred, discard one.

If ten thousand can be saved by sacrificing one hundred, discard one hundred.

On the battlefield, it was necessary to eliminate enemies and protect allies with minimal sacrifice. Like taking the life of an overly injured ally with my own hands.

I thought I didn't want to pass on that kind of life. But the reality was too heavy.

Rayman was the son who carried the burden of that reality heavier than anyone else. Maybe that's why, he seldom looked elsewhere.

Despite the fact that he had a fiancée who was engaged in an almost unmarried marriage, the ladies of aristocratic families who knew the circumstances continued to approach and seduce Rayman. But Rayman always never wavered.

'... Since the eldest daughter of the Count of Orlando is so clever, I actually thought it might be a good chance for a good relationship.'

At the ball, even after his first dance with a beautiful, witty and clever young lady, Rayman's attitude was truly wooden.

At that time, I l just didn't have any interest in women, and for the time being, I thought it was not good to go out with another woman as someone's fiancée.