CHAPTER 17

"Welcome, Titania."

"Father, no, meet your Majesty the Emperor!"

I slowly walked to the wide table, twisting my body like a princess who was immature and anxious to show off as the emperor's favored daughter.

It was a very wide and spacious dining table, enough to fill almost half of the long hall. As expected, almost all members of the royal family were gathered.

The emperor sat at the head of the table, and the queen and empress sat on either side of him. The first and second princes sit next to the queen and empress, respectively....

Nope.

The first prince has not arrived yet.

Even though I dressed up and ran as fast as I could, I was later than the emperor, so I had to take a beating.

It wasn't even 6 o'clock yet, and seeing as the Emperor welcomed me with a 'generous' attitude, I didn't think that would happen.

Actually, if you scold me while the first prince hasn't arrived yet, you'll have to scold that bastard too, so it's probably closer to getting over it.

I sat down in my seat next to an empty seat.

It may be the position of the second empress who uses illness as an excuse to not leave the palace, but....

Everyone here knew she wouldn't come.

Because of the Emperor's remark, 'Isn't it too affectionate to clean up the place just because someone isn't there' to save face this meaningless act is repeated every time at the royal family group dinners, which are not many.

These are truly imperial words.

On a topic that doesn't truly care or worry about the other person.

He was just worried that if he seemed to ignore it, he would look like a timid and petty person.

Just to hear, 'You are truly a saint because you do not forget even those who are not there.'

"Hehe, you call me the emperor without affection. Did you come to your senses after being sick? Shouldn't you just call me father? It's just between us, so what does it matter?"

"Yes, yes, father!"

I had to put down the glass of water I was trying to drink and shout out in excitement as if it was so good that I couldn't help it.

It's harder than you think to maintain the tension of an excited girl who looks like she's going to scream at any moment.

I mean, what can't you do for me, my father, or my dad?

Irresponsible emperor bastard.

'It's like he's grown up after being sick,' he said, noting that he did not pay much attention to Titania while she was on the brink of death and never once he visited her.

That's all he could say to his daughter who woke up after suffering from death.

Well, it wasn't unexpected.

The emperor regarded Princess Titania like a pet.

The child who is still young and beautiful, and who will act as a connection to the Casteline duke, hovers around him, calling him his father and craving his affection.

He spits out a couple of nice words and is cute when he says them, but doesn't actually take responsibility or take them seriously.

If you seriously step on the emperor or even poop in his living space, he will freak out, kick that damn thing out, and leave it to someone else to discipline him, even if it means beating him to death.