• Two •

"I take it back; I don't think I wanna die like in the Titanic," Jolene said, feeling her pulse rise.

They had landed in Crete, and are currently standing outside the cruise ship that they were going to be living in for a few days. It was huge, looking at it from the outside.

"Stop being dramatic; come on, it's our turn," Declan said, dragging her to the entrance. Both Mason and Declan showed the payment for the hotel rooms; they were each given a card to use as keys.

"Here's yours," Mason handed Jolene her card. Declan and Lauren got their cards to their shared room, Mason and Nathan were sharing one as well.

"Follow me," Declan said, leading his friends to the floor where their rooms were. Jolene looked around as they walked through the corridors of the cruise ship.

The inside was even prettier; they had only been to the main floor, and she had already seen multiple restaurants, cafés, shops, and places to sit and relax. She had never seen anything like it.

"Oh, look, Jolly, I found your home," Nathan pointed at the book shop that was a few meters away. She looked over and smiled, "Perfect."

They took the elevator to go up a floor, where their rooms were. "Found ours," Lauren said to Declan.

"Then this should be ours," Mason pointed at the door next to theirs, "and this one is yours, Jolly," he pointed to the room next to his.

"We'll meet by the pool in an hour," Declan said before walking in to his room. Everyone nodded in agreement and got busy unpacking.

Jolene checked out her room; it was a good size for only one person. She began unzipping her suitcase and taking out all her clothes. As she started placing her items around the room, she found a paper on the table with a schedule.

It was a schedule for the boat trip, with information on the islands they were going to and at what time they would arrive and leave. She put it near the bed, making sure to check it now and then when needed.

Time went by fast. She put on her bikini and a white buttoned beach shirt that was almost like a dress and a bit see-through. She braided her hair and put her sunglasses on her head.

She grabbed the book "Anne and the French Kiss" to read it while laying on the sunbed. She had been asleep the whole flight and wasn't able to read it then.

She put all the essentials in her beach bag and grabbed her room card, leaving. She didn't know where the others were currently, but that didn't matter because she had planned on going to that book shop first anyway. She couldn't help herself.

She stepped into the shop, looking around with a smile, knowing she would spend most of her time here if she wasn't out on the beach.

"Fancy seeing you here," she heard a familiar voice. Jolene turned around to see Andrew standing there in the same outfit he was in when at the airport.

"Hey! Andrew, right?" She asked, wanting to make sure she hadn't mixed up his name.

"That's me, and you're Jolene," he smiled at her, remembering hers. She nodded and smiled.

"Did you manage to read the book?" He asked as they walked towards a shelf of fantasy books.

"I was asleep, but I've got it right here; I'm planning on reading it by the pool after I finish up here," she told him as she looked at the books in front of her.

"Just don't forget to tell me your opinion," he said, grabbing a book he thought looked interesting.

"Don't worry about that; you're probably the only person I know who likes talking about books," she chuckled.