• Twenty •

The Greek beach party was being held tonight. It was the last full day of their vacation, and they had spent the morning eating breakfast together at the hotel.

Mason still wasn't talking to Jolene, but luckily the others hadn't put too much notice into it and didn't make things more complicated for the two.

Everyone had spent the day doing different things. Nathan went on one last date with that Spanish girl he has been talking to. Lauren and Declan went downtown, bought some snacks, and spent the time together before going back to the hotel.

Jolene was reading her book in the lounge, giving Mason the space he asked for. Mason was in the hotel room, just thinking for himself, and talking to his family, pretending that everything was ok.

"There she is," Nathan walked over to Jolene; he was finally back from that date.

"Hey, woods, how are you?" She asked with a smile, placing her book down to give full focus on him.

"I'm good," he plopped himself down on the couch next to her.

"How was the date? Did you tell her you're going home tomorrow?" She asked

"Yea," he sighed, "I don't think it's going to work."

"What do you mean?" She asked, concerned, noticing the disappointment in his face.

"We both like each other; we literally confessed today, but we can't do long distance. She's studying, and I have a job. I can't ask her to leave all that and move to London, you know? And I don't want to leave London either" He explained

"If it really was meant to be, I'm sure one day you'll find each other again, and things will turn out better. Just appreciate the times you spent with her; you still have her number?" She asked curious.

"Yea," he nodded.

"Then don't hesitate to talk to her. If you like her, you can make it work. You can always try," she patted his back.

"Thanks, J," he smiled at her.

———

It was around 5:30 p.m., and everyone was getting ready for the Greek beach party that was happening on the beach right in front of the hotel.

Mason and Jolene were quietly getting ready in their room. She was in the bathroom, just looking at herself in the mirror. As much as she respects Mason's request for space, she doesn't want to spend the last day in Greece like this. She needed to try and fix this.

She French braided her hair and adjusted her dress before walking out of the bathroom. Mason was fixing his hair again; it had grown out since they came to Greece. Jolene would often tell him that he looked like Prince Charming.

Mason noticed she was standing there; he was looking in the mirror in front of him while styling his hair. He couldn't deny how beautiful she was looking—so effortlessly beautiful.

"Can I please get a minute of your time?" She softly asked, nervous that he wasn't going to let her.

He sighed and turned around to face her. She was holding her phone tight, almost turning her knuckles white. He stood there quietly, letting her continue whatever she was planning on doing.

She took his hand softly, leading him to the balcony in their room. They have a pretty view of the beach and the ocean, with the sun almost going down and turning the sky orange.

She placed him in front of her, so they were both facing each other. He looked like he wasn't interested at all, but she still went on.

"The other day when you played tennis, you asked me what I was writing on my phone," she started, feeling the nervousness grow bigger. He looked at her; seeming more interested now.

"I wrote a poem about you," she admitted nervously, not knowing if he would find it funny, cringe, feel uncomfortable, or cause any other bad feelings.

His reaction on the outside might have been blunt, but his heart was racing on the inside. He found it sweet. No one has ever written a poem about him, and just that made him want to forget what had happened between them and hug her, but he needed to hear what she had to say.

"I know I'm not the best at expressing myself, and when I do, it's the wrong choice of words," she looked away from him, not good with keeping eye contact.

"My words the other day hurt you, and I didn't mean for that to happen," she said, taking a deep breath, forcing herself to look back at him. "But I would like to read this poem to you, to let you know how I really feel about you."

He stood there, almost numb. His quietness and the fact that he was still standing there listening to her was enough for her to take it as an indication that she should continue. She unlocked her phone and took a deep breath before reading.

I love how your smile lights up the room
With your presence you can make any day bloom

I love looking into your shiny brown eyes
It's like watching the stars in the night skies

I love the touch of your hand on mine
I get the feeling that I will always be fine

I love the way you cuddle me at night
It helps taking away all my fright

I love the way you hug me from behind
It makes my worries leave my mind

I love the way you kiss me
Lips so soft, it makes me feel free

I love how you fill my life with humour
It makes me excited for our future

I want to spend my life with you forever
Because I've dreamt of a life we live together

The future is yet to be written for us two
But for now I hope it's enough to say I Love You

Jolene wasn't able to look at him while reading her poem. She hadn't noticed the tears that had rolled down his cheeks until she looked up at him.

He was emotional. The whole poem and the words that were written by her filled his heart with love. He couldn't believe she had written something so beautiful, especially about him.

"You love me?" His voice broke, not able to process it. His whole life, he's dreamt of hearing her say those words to him with true love and not just in a friendly way; of course, he needed reassurance.

His tears made her emotional too. She nodded, "I truly love you," she assured him.

"I love you so much," he said it back, pulling her into a hug, "that was beautiful, thank you."

Jolene leaned back and cupped his face into her palms, wiping his tears away. "I'm so sorry for hurting you. There's nothing more I want than to be with you all my life," she told him, her eyes filled with tears. He looked at her, believing every word she was saying.

"Of course I want us to have a future together, a house one day...kids....be a family..." She made them both smile when saying those words. "I just hope you understand that I'm not ready for kids right now. And as selfish as it sounds, I just want to spend my time with you, and no one else," she made him smile wider.

"I know the test was negative but I'm not fully sure if it was accurate, so I need to take one again in a few days or weeks maybe, just in case," she remembered to tell him.

He attached his hands to her wrists, removing her hands from his face, and placed a kiss on each hand of hers, "we'll deal with it then, if you're not ready, we'll wait until you are," he wiped her tears too. "I know it's too early for us to be parents, but I was just scared that you were doubting this relationship, or maybe I wasn't the one you truly wanted," he admitted.

"My words came out wrong. I was scared and nervous at that moment, I'm sorry. You're my person...you will always be," she smiled at him.

"You're my person too; I love you so much." He wrapped his arms around her, hugging her like he never wanted to let go.

"I love you more."