• Six •

"Can you hurry?" Declan shouted at Nathan, who was running towards the stairs with his towel over his shoulder.

"I'm here," Nathan said as he stopped running. He took some time to breathe, to catch his breathe.

Everyone had already gone out to the island to put their towels on the beach and get in the water. It was only them left on the cruise ship because Nathan had been slow.

"Let's go and find an empty spot," Lauren said, leading the group out.

"There's literally nothing to do here other than sit by the beach and swim in the oceans, so everyone better relax," Lauren told them, while they followed her.

"Are you a tour guide now?" Declan laughed at his girlfriend. No one needed to look to know how Lauren was giving Declan a death glare.

As they walked over to the beach, Jolene looked around, watching people run into the water and people already lying in the sun, getting tanned.

"This spot is perfect," she heard Lauren say. She looked at spot, and out her stuff down in the sand, near everyone else.

Before even putting her towel down, Jolene watched Mason and Declan run down the water like six-year-olds; she laughed at them while Lauren rolled her eyes at how childish they could be sometimes.

Jolene took her dress off; she was wearing a black bikini, ready to lay down and read her book while getting a tan. She wasn't a big fan of the ocean, she had this huge fear of not touching the found and being dragged down, so for now, her plan was to just relax.

"Woods, aren't you going too?" Lauren asked as she took a seat on her towel.

He was already lying on his towel with sunglasses on, looking around suspiciously; "not now," he said bluntly.

"What are you doing?" Jolene looked at him weird.

"Nothing," he lied, not wanting to admit the trouble he had caused. He was looking for the two girls he had slept with last night, trying to hide from them but also wanting to find them, but it was nearly impossible to because he barely remembers how they look like.

Meanwhile, Mason and Declan were in the water. They had grabbed a football and were playing with it in the water, but it wasn't as easy as they thought it would be.

"Why are they sitting there?" Declan complained as he looked over at Nathan and the two girls.

"Maybe they'll come later," Mason shrugged as he brushed his hand through his hair, removing the long strands from his face.

"So..." Declan looked at Mason.

"Soo...?" Mason looked back at him, confused.

"You and Jolly...friends again?"

"Yea, what about you?" Mason asked

"Yea, I guess she realized what a dick Andrew was to her after all," Declan said, while playing with the ball with his hands.

"What? What happened?" Mason looked at him, concerned.

"He made her drink even if she said she didn't want to; she seemed betrayed, and I feel kind of bad for her," Declan admitted.

"He made her what?" Mason asked in a serious tone.

"Stop being dramatic; I spoke to her, and everything is fine. She doesn't want anything to do with him, so now is your chance to tell her."

"It's not that easy," Mason looked away.

"I know but...don't wait too long," Declan said

———

"Is she seriously sleeping?" Declan asked Lauren. She nodded with a quiet laugh.

They were all looking at Jolene, who was laying on her side, sleeping peacefully.

"Stop drooling over her will you?" Declan teased Mason.

He quickly looked away from Jolene, almost embarrassed how everyone had seen him staring at her and laughed at him for being obsessed with her.

"What should we do then?" Nathan asked

The three boys looked at each other, all of them thinking the same thing.

"Do you want to piss her off more?" Lauren looked at the boys; she didn't even have to ask what they were up to; it was way too obvious.

"It's just water," Declan shrugged. "Come on," he said to the boys.

Declan grabbed her feet, Mason grabbed her arms, and Nathan had his hands under her back so she wouldn't fall. She opened her eyes and looked around like a lost puppy.

They were running towards the beach while holding her, hearing her scream but also trying her best not to laugh.

"STOP SLEEPING!" Declan screamed as they all threw her into the water.

Jolene let out a loud scream, causing everyone to look their way.

She slowly swam up, removing hair and water from her face, "payback is coming," she yelled as she looked at the three boys who were laying on the sand laughing.

Moments later, they were all in the water, except for Nathan. He was still looking for those girls, trying to figure out how to shake them off before they realized what he had done.

Jolene didn't like the ocean that much; she was still in the water but she was staying near the beach where her feet could touch the ground.

"Hey, are you ok?" Mason swam up to her, noticing she was standing there, hugging herself.

"Hey, yea, all good," she smiled at him.

"You sure? You look cold, and you're staring at people." He chuckled

"I don't know, I guess I'm just really tired; I woke up with a headache and it's still there," she admitted.

"Yea about that," Mason sighed, catching her attention.

"Declan told me what Andrew did..." He looked at her.

"It's fine, he was just drunk, but...I don't know... drunken words, sober thoughts, right?" she nervously laughed.

"He shouldn't have forced you to drink, he's a-"

"Prick... I know," she finished his sentence, causing them both to laugh.

"Maybe you should go lie down and take it easy for a bit," he suggested.

"Yeah...maybe I should check up on Woody too; he looks lost." They both looked at him.

"That's what he gets for sleeping with two women," Mason chuckled.

"Wait what?" Jolene looked at him in shock.

"He came back to the room just when I was about to walk down the lounge; he had lipstick all over his face and a hickey," Mason explained.

"Oh my god, I knew it was a hickey, but I was so unsure," Jolene said, still shocked and surprised.

"Yup. And now he's terrified, looking for those poor girls," Mason chuckled.

"I will definitely need to hear more from him," she said excitedly.

She walked away from Mason, back to the beach. He watched her as she took a seat on her towel and started to talk to Nathan. He couldn't deny how hot she looked in that bikini; he really was obsessed.

"Come on, your goose, let's do another round!"
Declan hit him with the ball.

Mason rolled his eyes, ready to attack his best friends with the football in his hands.

-

AN: This is short but I felt the need to post something. I'm very busy with uni this week and I'm sick too, so I might not post too much this week :)