• Four •

Jolene had somehow managed to take Mason back to his room; luckily, he hadn't lost his card. She took him to the bathroom, helping him down to the toilet so he could puke.

"Noooo," Mason whined, moving his head away from the toilet.

"Mase, you need to, you've had way too much to drink," she put her hand on his cheek, helping him hunch over the toilet.

"I thought you hated me," he mumbled as he clutched the rim of the toilet. He tensed while squeezing his eyes closed, feeling the vomit on its way up.

She sighed. Before she could say anything, he threw up, causing her to quickly rub his back gently.

"Please don't hate me," he said, before he started throwing up again. His voice was so soft and full of regret, making her feel bad for him.

"I'm just hurt, you know?" she said as she kept rubbing his back. "Why did you do it?" she softly asked.

He caught his breath. "I was jealous," he muttered before leaning back over the toilet again to throw up.

"Of what?" She confusingly asked while brushing her hand through his hair, removing the long part from his forehead that was drenched in his sweat.

"That prick," he scoffed.

She knew he was talking about Andrew, he had calmed him a 'prick' the moment he met him.

"Yeah, he is," she mumbled quietly, but he still heard her.

Mason looked at her with confusion, "did he do something to you?" He asked

"Don't worry about it," she smiled at him, "you done?" She asked before he could say anything more.

"Mhm," he nodded.

"Let's brush your teeth then," she said.

Jolene got up on her feet, helping Mason get up on his feet too. She prepared the toothpaste and the toothbrush for him, letting him brush his teeth while she went to pick out a comfort outfit for him to sleep in.

Mason brushed his teeth lazily and went over to his bed. He took his shirt off and his shorts, leaving him only in his Calvins.

"Fuck, Mase. A little warning next time?" Jolene quickly turned around, not wanting to look at him half-naked.

"It's warm," he plopped himself onto his bed, still feeling loopy and heavy.

"Stay," he reached his hand out for her. She slowly turned around towards him, "sorry, Mase, I'm going back to my room." She put his pyjamas back into his suitcase, which was still not unpacked.

"Please," he looked at her. She looked back at him; her mind couldn't deny how attractive he was looking in his boxers. But she quickly shook her thoughts away, finding it wrong to see him that way. They are best friends after all, nothing more.

"Jollyyyyy," he whined, still having his arm out for her to take.

She sighed, taking his and and sat herself down on his bed. "Can I ask you something?" she asked.

"You just did," he giggled, trying to keep his eyes open and not fall asleep just yet.

Jolene rolled her eyes, "I'm serious."

"Mhm," he mumbled, signaling for her to keep going and ask the question.

"Why are you jealous of Andrew?" she hesitantly asked, not sure if she really wanted to know the answer.

He sighed, staring at the ceiling. "I can't say it drunk," he admitted.

"Why?" She asked confused.

"Just trust me-" he quickly shut his mouth, remembering that he's probably the last person she trusts at the moment.

"I forgive you, ok, I know there's nothing wrong with being a virgin, but still, it wasn't nice," she looked at him.

"I know, I'm sorry," he said, squeezing her hand that he was still holding. She weakly smiled, slowly letting go of the hand to pull the blanket over him so he wouldn't get cold when sleeping.

"Text if you need anything; I'll be in my room," she smiled at him.

"Thank you," he said, watching her get up from his bed and turning the light on the nightstand off.

"Night," he smiled at her.

"Night, Mase, I love you," she said, before placing a kiss on top of his forehead.

His heart was beating fast like it always does when he hears her say those three words she just said.

"I love you more," he said, knowing it meant more than she probably thought. She smiled before walking away, leaving him alone in his room, smiling himself to sleep.

———

Texts messages between
Declan and Jolene

Deccers⚒️
Listen before you ignore this text

Deccers⚒️
I can't find Mason, have
you seen him??

Jolly📚
He's asleep

Deccers⚒️
Thank god

Deccers⚒️
I met Andrew btw

Deccers⚒️
He told me to tell you that
he's sorry

Deccers⚒️
Did he do something to you?

Jolly📚
Next time you meet him
tell him to suck some dick

Deccers⚒️
Woah

Deccers⚒️
Is this my doing?

Jolly📚
No

Jolly📚
He's just not the person I
thought he was

Deccers⚒️
I'm sorry

Jolly📚
It's fine

Deccers⚒️
No I mean for what I did

Deccers⚒️
(But also about what just happened)

Jolly📚
It's fine Dec

Jolly📚
Let's just get past it

Deccers⚒️
Are you sure?

Jolly📚
Yess

Deccers⚒️
Besties again?
🤜🏻

Jolly📚
Besties
🤛🏻

Deccers⚒️
Night then, I'll see you in
the morning

Deccers⚒️
Love you🫶

Jolly📚
Night

Jolly📚
Love you too🫶

-

AN: Posting while Chelsea is playing. I hope all the injured players get better soon. I know it's not fun watching Chelsea play atm but I'm sure it's I'll get better :)