• Eight •

⚠️TW: Panic attack

It was dinner time, and the group had gone back to the cruise ship to get some dinner after a long day at Balos Beach.

They were sitting at a table, eating their food while listening to Mason and Declan argue about who had won their little football tournament at the beach.

The argument was quickly interrupted by a woman who was about their age. She was wearing a pink summer dress and had her long blonde hair was up in a ponytail. Everyone's attention was on her.

"Hey Woody," she smiled at him.

Everyone turned their gazes towards him with shocked expressions, knowing that she was one of the women he had probably slept with.

They noticed him tensing up and his eyes going wide in shock. "Hey," he stuttered, causing his best friends to hold in their laughs.

"I thought we could get that drink you owe me," she said, biting her lip while wrapping her hair around her finger.

Jolene and Lauren looked at each other, doing their best not to break into laughter.

"Uhm-"

"He would love to," Declan got involved like he always does.

"He's been talking about it all day," Mason added.

Nathan looked at the two with a death glare, while Jolene and Lauren had to turn their heads around to hide their facial expressions.

"Really?" The girl smiled excitedly.

"Uhh, yeah, sure," Nathan played along as he got up from his seat.

Before he walked away with the girl, he made sure to turn to the table and his friends, pointing the finger at all of them for setting him up and making fun of him.

The four best friends could finally laugh out loud as soon as they saw Nathan and the girl out of sight.

"Enough of that," Declan composed himself from laughing too hard and grabbed everyone's attention, "what do you guys want to do?"

"I've booked a massage, so do what you want," Lauren said.

"Without me?" Declan looked at her, acting offended.

Lauren rolled her eyes. "Last time you got a massage, you complained that he almost broke your back."

"Yeah, because he did almost break my back." He rolled his eyes back.

"I'm going to head to the room, call the fam, then maybe go to the gym if I have the energy for that," Mason said.

"Yeah, I'm going to the book store, then probably back to my room. I'm kind of tired," Jolene said.

"Ok, only you left then, Dec." Lauren looked at him.

"Well since you guys are boring, I will come with you." He looked at his girlfriend.

———

"That's a good choice," Jolene heard that voice again, the voice of the person she had tried to avoid since last night, at the welcome party.

She turned around to look at him. He was standing there with a smile, acting like nothing was wrong between them.

"Hey,"

"Andrew," she sighed.

"I like that book," he said, pointing at the one she was holding.

"Good to know," she said as she immediately turned back around and put it back on the shelf where she took it from.

He knew she was angry at him, as evidenced by her face expressions and the tone of her voice: "Listen, I know you're angry, but-"

"Why are you always following me?" she asked annoyed, turning back around to face him again.

"I'm not following you, I'm just trying to apologize," he held his hands up in defence.

"Well, I don't want an apology," she looked at him with an annoyed face, "just leave me alone," she said as she decided to leave.

But he had managed to stop her by blocking her way out. They were only inches apart from each other now. She quickly stepped back, finding it uncomfortable how close he was standing.

"What do you want?" She crossed her arms.

"Why are you so annoyed? Did it really bother you that much?" He had the audacity to ask

"Encouraging me to drink even when I told you I don't drink, and then call me boring, and make me leave, do you really expect me to be happy about that and forget?" She asked

He sighed as he kept his eyes on her, "how about I take you to dinner and let me make it up to you?" He asked, hoping she wouldn't turn him down.

"I don't want to," she said in all honesty.

"Come on, don't be like that." He stepped closer, causing her to step back again, but this time her steps were blocked by a shelf behind her.

"Think about it...Jolene and Andrew—isn't that a beautiful match?" He smirked

She didn't understand where his cockiness came from. A few days ago, he was the nicest person she had met, but now he was acting like a douche bag, making things so much worse.

All this thinking made her go quiet, as if she couldn't speak anymore. Like most times, she found it hard to find the words and stand up for herself.

It wasn't the first time someone had done this; she would stumble into guys who would always ask her out with the same cockiness as Andrew, and every time it happened, she would panic; it almost became a thing that triggered her because it would put her in an uncomfortable situation.

"You know I'm sorry, Jolly," he said, using her nickname, which only her friends and family would use. She didn't like that he called her that.

"Am I making you nervous?" he asked amusedly, as he slowly brushed her hair behind her ear with his hand.

"Can I help with anything?" The woman who worked at the store interrupted.

"Oh no, don't worry, I was just telling my girlfriend how beautiful she looks," Andrew smiled at the worker. She didn't seem convinced and looked at Jolene for assurance.

Jolene felt heart heartbeat racing, not knowing what to do.

Make you mine | Mason Mountजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें