• Thirteen •

It's the morning after, and the cruise ship only had an hour left before dropping off the passengers in Crete. The weather was lovely, as usual, and the sun had managed to shine brightly over the ship.

Jolene was awoken by the sunlight. Her eyes had been blinded by the bright light as soon as she had opened them.

She was about to turn around to get her eyes away from the bright light, but she stopped herself when she felt a hand around her waist. She couldn't help but smile to herself, her heart rising as she felt him close to her.

Mason was half awake after she had moved; he didn't care anymore. He just wanted to hold her close to him, so he snuggled closer to her, hugging her tighter around her waist and burying his head in the crook of her neck.

"Morning," he mumbled against her neck.

"Morning," she smiled, letting the warmth of his body radiate her.

"Do you want me to stop?" he softly asked, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable.

"No... do you mind me turning around though? I'm kind of going blind," she chuckled

He lifted his head to see, and the sight caused him to laugh. He carefully turned her around and laid back down on his side. Just like last night, they were laying face to face, admiring each other.

She looked at his relaxed features while she gently ran her fingers through his soft brown hair. He relaxed through her touch, not wanting her to stop. Unfortunately for him, they were both interrupted by a phone call.

"Sorry," she mumbled, realizing it was her phone. She turned around and sat up as she answered.

Mason sat up too as she answered. "Lauren, everything ok?" She asked

He looked at Jolene. Her face expression changed to a worried look. "No, please just wait. Let's just sit down with him and talk like adults, ok?"

She sighed as she removed the phone from her ear. Lauren had hung up on her. "Is everything ok?" Mason asked

"I think that fight might be serious," she looked at him with a concerned look on her face.

"Ok, let's just take a breather," Mason let out a deep breath as he got up from the bed. "There's an hour left before we arrive, so let's just gather everyone," he suggested.

"Yeah, okay," Jolene agreed with him, "I'll bring Lauren; should we meet down at the breakfast tables?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll bring Dec and Woods," he said as he was getting ready to leave.

"Wait, Mase," Jolene said. He turned around to look at her, "your foot, I think we need to change the bandage," she said as she walked over and kneeled down.

"It's fine; don't worry about it," he told her, pulling her up.

"Don't stress," he cupped her face, placing a quick, gentle kiss on her lips, knowing she was stressing deep down with the whole drama between Lauren and Declan.

The kiss calmed her down, she felt more relaxed and smiled.

"See you soon, ok?"

"Yea," she nodded, letting him go and get the boys.

———

"I don't want to interrupt this very quiet table...but does anyone have paracetamol?" Nathan broke the silence that had been going on for about 10 minutes.

"Uh yea, I have it," Jolene grabbed her beach bag.

"We're going off this cruise ship in 30 minutes; are you two just not going to solve this?" Mason asked Lauren and Declan, while Jolene handed the paracetamol to Nathan.

Declan and Lauren hadn't said a word or even looked at each other. Both were stubborn, especially Declan. He was the one who escalated things.

Mason sighed when no words were spoken. He didn't know what else to do to help the two of them.

"Sooo, should I just talk about the girl I met last night?" Nathan asked after he swallowed the pill.

Mason and Jolene looked at him, both shaking their heads quietly, telling him it's not the best time right now. He didn't remember much anyway, so he let it slide.

"Look, I don't know the full story from last night, but whatever it is, you need to communicate. I know for sure that both of you will find this fight silly later," Jolene looked at the two.

"Dec...." Mason looked at him, encouraging him to step up and do what's right. He was in the wrong after all.

Declan let out a deep breath. "Why did you let him touch you?" he asked Lauren, but he wasn't looking at her.

"You still think I let him do it on purpose? You're unbelievable," she scoffed, rolling her eyes as she was shaking her head.

"I'd assume you'd just push his hand away and walk away; why didn't you do that?" He asked, getting annoyed at her attitude.

"I was going to, but you came just when I was about to," Lauren said in all honesty

"Yea right," Declan mumbled. Mason gave him a death glare; he was just making things even worse at this point.

"Fine, you know what? I'm sorry," Declan gave up.

Lauren got up from her seat. "Apologize when you actually mean it."

"Wait," he grabbed her arm, sitting her back down, "can you guys give us a moment?" he looked at the others around the table.

Nathan, Mason, and Jolene all got up from their seats, respecting his wishes. "We'll take the suitcases to the lounge," Mason told them before they walked off.

———

Many of the passengers were waiting in the lounge, ready to go off the island to continue their vacation in Crete. Declan and Lauren were still talking while the other three were waiting in the lounge for them.

"Guys, I'll be right back," Nathan said before walking away without saying another word.

"He definitely saw the girl he's in love with," Mason teased him. Jolene chuckled as she looked at Nathan, who had soon disappeared.

Her eyes looked around the lounge, and her heart almost stopped spotting Andrew, he was just a few meters away with his friends. She accidentally looked at him for too long, to the point where his eyes met hers.

She quickly turned away, she reached Mason's hand, squeezing it without realising.

"Hey, you ok?" Mason asked, turning her so she could face him.

She took deep breaths, not wanting to panic for no reason. "Jolly, what's going on?" he cupped her face.

"I saw him; please hide me from him," she asked, continuing to take deep breathes. She was serious about how she never wanted to see him again.

Mason knew exactly who she was talking about, and he became more tense. Without wasting a second, he stood in front of her, wrapping his arms around her neck. She wrapped her arms around his waist, letting him shield her from Andrew.

"You won't see him ever again, don't worry," he muttered comforting words that would calm her down.

"You're always safe with me," he placed a kiss on top of her head.