XIII. Going to the Palace!

MY FAMILY'S CARRIAGE MADE ITS way through a huge door

MY FAMILY'S CARRIAGE MADE ITS way through a huge door. Looking through the window, I saw an eagle crest, which represents the Imperial family.

The Imperial Palace looked majestic in broad daylight. But as I looked at the massive wall that preserved the Empire's history, I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable.

Of course, there's no need for me to be worried.

Since the Duchy of Valentine is one of the Empire's pillars, the soldiers opened the gate without inspecting the carriage.

"It's been a long time since you've been to the Palace, hasn't it?"

Actually, I came a few days ago, but it was a secret from my dad, so I nodded fervently.

The Palace is a scary place. I'm not sure who specifically summoned Clara, and I'm not sure what would happen if she showed up on her own.

There is nothing I can do. I have no choice but to step up. Instead of my sister who was so scared and nervous, I climbed up on my father's legs and grumbled.

"I want to see inside the Palace."

"Okay. Let's meet His Majesty together."

Meeting the Emperor is both a dilemma and a blessing.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

IT WOULD BE MUCH EASIER to move on to the next phase if Clara, who lacks support, catches the Emperor's eye.

On the other hand, my timid sister was looking at her hands with a very gloomy face.

"Maybe I made a mistake on the day of the ball?"

What is she so anxious about? I stared at Clara while sitting on Father's thighs.

I get frustrated when I see good people, like Clara, who blame themselves for all that has happened to them, as opposed to me, who blames others even when the wind blows[1].

This is so infuriating. If this continues, I have no choice but to intervene.

So I said firmly,

"No! You didn't make any mistakes."

"How does Ciel know that?"

"Cause I've been watching from beginning to end...!"

I shouldn't be proud to say that I've watched it. Father tilted his head for a moment during my outburst; then he picked me up and had me sit in front of him.

Damn it, I got caught. Father, who had been staring at me suspiciously, looked me in the eyes and began questioning.

"Your mother told me that you were at home with Louis that day. What's going on?"