XLI. According to Plan

"TODAY IS YOUR DAY, so make sure to enjoy it to the fullest

"TODAY IS YOUR DAY, so make sure to enjoy it to the fullest." Isaac looked extremely surprised by Alex's willingness to step down.

After the tourney, the maids of our family gave out the handmade cookies that the Valentine household was so proud of to all of the knights. To be frank, I can guarantee the ones that the maids baked are better than the ones I baked.

"Jeeze. I was no match for you."

"Sir Justin."

Sir Justin, who competed and lost fair and square, approached us while rubbing the bruised spot where he had been struck by the back of Isaac's sword earlier.

Although they had been sparring, I still felt a little sorry for him since he had been struck and injured by my brother Isaac, so I held out a cookie that the maids had baked.

"It was a good match."

"Thank you. You're as handsome as I've heard."

It's only natural since I resemble my mother. It's a compliment that I'm used to hearing, but somehow the atmosphere surrounding the two men standing over has become strange.

"What are you saying to my younger brother, Sir Justin?"

"You two are too close."

"Oops. It seems I'm in trouble."

Sir Justin obediently walked away while laughing heartily, leaving just the unfamiliar sound of his laughter in his wake. What the heck is up with him?

I handed out more cookies, then gave the Crown Prince a bunch of the leftover cookies.

"If you're that hungry, eat all of this."

The sweet fragrance was overwhelming. I gave him a lot because he seemed pretty hungry, but Alex shook his head and passed the cookies to some other knights.

"Next time. I want to eat some that you've baked yourself." I guess he's full since he refused the cookies that I gave him. Anyway, since I'd finished up all of my business, I clung to Isaac's arm.

"Well then, Your Highness. Please excuse us."

"Are you going home now?"

"We're going on a family trip soon, so we have to prepare in advance. Right, brother?"

"Yep. Ciel has decided to sleep next to me on the trip, right?"

Hearing the words 'family trip', Alex stared at me with a stiff face.

"You really..."

"What's wrong?"

"No, it's nothing."

Unlike the happy Isaac, Alex looked at me resentfully with an extremely disappointed expression. Is he sulking because he didn't get a cookie that I baked?