XLIV. Prized Territory

"NO ONE CAN ENSURE CLARA's survival unless I enter the palace myself

"NO ONE CAN ENSURE CLARA's survival unless I enter the palace myself." In the original novel, Princess Lotte did everything she could to harm the Valentine family and even the Crown Prince.

Clara, who was actually quite good at identifying poisons, got caught up in the Princess' schemes and narrowly escaped death several times.

Ironically, the one who saved Clara was also the one who had been harassing her, her younger sister Cielle.

It isn't an exaggeration to say that Clara received most of her protagonist buffs under Cielle's protection, although it was for the ridiculous reason that Cielle had hated seeing her suffer under the Princess' hand rather than her own.

"Shouldn't we just withdraw our support for the Crown Prince?" I let out an involuntary sigh at Louis' blunt words. He never looks at the big picture.

We have to make the male lead feel indebted to us so that we can reap the benefits when he's successful later. I don't know if it's because he is still young, but Louis is always a bit careless in whatever he does.

"The Princess is an enemy of our family."

"That's right. If Grand Duke Winterbaum ascends the throne, he'll use his power to try to take Ciel away by any means possible, so our family is better off supporting His Highness Alex."

Isaac, who has hated Grand Duke Winterbaum since long ago, was the first to bring up a reason to support the Crown Prince.

I've had an inkling since that time he was staring at me, but looking at the way that Isaac, a human radar, is acting, I can tell how much Stan must like me.

"I don't understand why he likes our little idiot." Despite saying that, Louis accepted what Isaac said.

"I'll return home once I've ensured that our sister's position is stable."

I don't know when that will be, but I feel a sense of responsibility towards Clara as if I were her guardian.

I've put in so much effort up to this point to raise my sister to be this bright and innocent. Since I've come this far acting as if I was playing a raising game, I'll only feel relieved once she reaches the ending safely.

"After seeing Clara safely married, I think I'll be able to breathe easy."

As long as my head remains attached to my neck until my sister is married, then the game will end happily. What a perfect plan this is.

"Are you Clara's dad or something?" Seeing the way I was acting, Louis was needlessly sarcastic. I have a lot to say about the way he acts as well.

"Then, are you saying you want to see Clara get conned by some strange guy again?"

Louis really couldn't see the big picture at all. Clara is a little absent minded, but her talent, which allows even finicky herbal drugs to flourish, is definitely a potential moneymaker. Moreover, it would be extremely valuable to the wrong kinds of people.