XXXIV. Crazy Guys

THE DRUG WAS A TRICKY FLOWER

THE DRUG WAS A TRICKY FLOWER. If Clara, who had a special talent, didn't treat it in a few days, it would wither, so they would probably try to get her by kidnapping her somehow.

So, today I'll stick to Clara. The necklace Theo gave me was still on my neck, and if I need to, I can use my magic to wipe them out.

I decided to stop by the Pharmacist Association with Clara to find out about Heinz.

"This man... wait a moment, please."

The association's staff seemed to know nothing. According to the list, Heinz's guarantor was one of the executives of the Pharmacist Association.

"What happened? Even the security forces were here to find out about him today."

From what I heard, it seems that Alex has also started a full-scale investigation. So while my sister was talking to the staff, an uncle called me outside the door.

"Kiddo, is this yours?"

I wasn't young enough to be called a kid, though. My sister was safe and well, so I walked to the door, scratching my head.

"There's nothing here—"

There was nothing but the door, and before I could finish speaking, the man covered my mouth with a cloth. The smell of the anesthetic clouded my consciousness.

Unbelievable. It was a trap.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

CIEL HAD BEEN KIDNAPPED. While Clara was talking, Ciel left the room and disappeared. After belatedly finding out about the situation, Clara ran to the carriage that was waiting outside the academy.

"Ciel's gone!"

Shortly after the coachman contacted them, Louis and Theo came running.

"What happened?"

"While I was distracted for a moment... What should I do[1]? What can I do?"

Clara burst into tears in Theo's arms. He wiped away her tears and collected mana.

"Wait, I'll activate the tracking spell soon."

He put that spell in the necklace just in case this kind of situation arose. As Theo activated the tracking magic, the path to Ciel shone a yellow colour.

"Louis, go get Isaac."

"Okay."

"Clara, you return to the mansion. No, come with me."

If the kidnapping of Ciel was a two-way operation, they were likely to kidnap Clara, who was returning home alone.

In that case, it was better to keep her close. Theo held Clara's hand and tracked down Ciel's traces.