XXV. Obsession

"MAY I ASK, WHY YOU CAME without prior notice?"

"Because I didn't think I'd have a chance other than today."

"Your Highness."

"I haven't forgotten Ciel for a moment, but you don't even remember me. This is too much."

His courteous and polite appearance must have been a mask. With a fishy smile[1], he drew closer and closer to me.

I learned self-defense just in case, and I can use magic, so I'm not afraid. No, I'm actually a little scared. But I didn't want to look intimidated, so I purposely bluffed.

"Go back. If you have any business, please make a formal appointment and visit us again."

"There's no way your parents would allow it. Don't you think so?"

"Your Highness."

"I know you're angry. I apologize for what my mother did. It was so mean of her to slap you on your pretty cheek."

Does he really think that's why I'm wary of him? Last time, knowing that I didn't remember anything, it seemed like he was doing it on purpose.

"I heard from Theo yesterday. What you did to me."

"I was still young back then, Ciel, it's because you were so pretty. Even though you're a boy, you're so pretty."

Stan laid a hand on my cheek without asking me for permission. Every gesture disguises an explicit intention.

No uncomfortable physical contact is allowed. I expressed my refusal with a blatant frown.

"Please don't touch me recklessly. It's unpleasant."

"Even if you're Valentine's prince, aren't you being too rude to me?"

"If I don't like it, then I will say it."

I shook off his hand as hard as I could. I don't have any information about this child because he was a character only mentioned in one line in the original novel.

I'm not even sure when you die, if you die. Stan fiddled with my hand while making an unpleasant expression in response to my strong push.

"Why are you so cold to me while you write letters to Alex?"

Why is Stan talking about Alex? All my letters were delivered through Clara's hands. The reply also arrived in Clara's name.

So, in fact, no one knew about me exchanging letters with Alex except Clara.

"How do you..."

"Do you really think it's a coincidence that I was there that day?"

Stan beckoned and his entourage approached from behind our housemaids. Merrill was still away with Mrs. Lisbon.