9. it doesn't count if it's for learning purposes

Hot tub time ;) Thank you to @sadlovernovels for the fantastic cover photos !!

.

You do not wake up cuddled next to Levi, much to your chagrin.

When you wake up at the ripe hour of ten in the morning, you can hear the shower running. Levi's not next to you, so the safe assumption is that he's having a shower. You yawn, reaching for your phone and wishing that your blankets were heated like they'd been at Levi's.

God, your feelings are downright annoying now. This is definitely a crush, not any sort of version of Stockholm syndrome that you'd been cooking up in your head. Being with Levi has been so much fun: being so cozy last night in front of your cousins, kissing him when you think people are watching, even waltzing with him. You're genuinely having fun, and you haven't had this much fun in a while.

You like him. You like him, you like being around him, you like touching him, you like kissing him. And yes, maybe you're feeling this so strongly because you haven't had a boyfriend in a long time and you miss being held, you miss being told that you're okay, and you miss being loved. But is that so wrong?

No. It's not. It's not wrong. Fuck, what do you do from here? Because you don't want to ruin anything, not when the two of you are here for a few more days. You don't want to make this awkward, or scare him off. 

"God," you mutter to yourself, turning on your phone. The more you think about this, the more anxiety it gives you.

There's another dozen texts from Hange (you shoot them a we're doing fine to satiate them but you doubt it'll tide them over for long), but the more noticeable notification is a text from Hitch. You frown, clicking on it.

Hitch (9:22): supposed to get a big snowstorm tonight so today might be the last decent day- want to skate on the lake?? 

Skating! Oh, that'd be great. You shoot a quick text back to Hitch that you'll ask Levi and let her know, and you've just sent it when you hear the shower turn off.

Levi will be out any second. Just act normal, you scold yourself as you pick one of your social media apps to browse through. Don't be an idiot.

A few minutes later, the door to the bathroom opens. "Hey," Levi greets as he exits, nodding to you. He's got a dark crewneck on over black pants, and his hair looks like it's still sort of damp- god, it's frustrating how hot he is. "Sleep well?"

You nod, sitting up. "It's no Alaskan king, but it's better than sleeping in a room with the kids." He moves to the dresser, rummaging through one of the drawers for something, and you remember the text you got and awkwardly clear your throat. "How do you feel about skating?"

He turns to you. "Skating wasn't in the job description."

"We don't have to," you say.

"Tell me about it."

"Frozen lake, maybe a ten minute walk away from here. Most of my family has their own skates, but we can borrow some from people not going, and the lodge always keeps a few pairs here that we can use," you add.

He stares at you for a moment, contemplating. "Can you skate?" Levi eventually asks.

You shrug. "Yeah. I'm not world class or anything and my version of stopping is usually running into people, but I can skate."

"Hm."

"Can you?"

Levi looks away. "I've never tried."

Your eyes widen. "You've never tried skating?"

"I've never had a desire to tie sharp blades to my feet and try to balance on them across ice, so, no," Levi deadpans.