12. it doesn't count on new year's [nsfw]

What day is it? I'm losing track

.

You don't know how long you sleep, but it must be a damn long time, because when you wake up, there's light pouring in through the windows.

You hum to yourself, trying to stretch but finding it difficult due to an arm locked around your waist. With a soft sigh, you relax yourself again, sinking back into Levi's touch, but he's already heard you stir. "You okay?" Levi murmurs.

His morning voice is raspy and sends chills up your spine. "Yeah," you whisper. "You?"

"Yeah."

You stay like that for a while, warm and comfortable. "Do we have to get up?" you murmur.

"No."

Smiling to yourself, you twist so that you're facing Levi, and he pulls you into him. You press your cheek against his chest, and you can hear his heartbeat, a slow and steady drum in your ear.

Levi shifts slightly, adjusting his grip. "Comfy?"

"Mhm. You?"

He hums, threading his hand up into your hair. You don't want to move, and you definitely don't want to get up. After yesterday's chaos, it'd been nice to spend the rest of the day napping and avoiding your family, but you doubt that'll fly today. 

But that doesn't have to happen if you don't get out of bed. So, for now, you'll stay here. 

You two stay like that for a while. You don't know what time it is and you don't care. You'd be happy to spend the whole day like this, wrapped up in Levi's arms, warm and cozy. Like your own little world.

But unfortunately, your stomach has other plans. You hear your stomach growl and Levi murmurs, "hungry?"

"No." A beat. "Maybe."

Levi huffs. "Want to get up?"

"No."

"Want me to get up?"

"No."

"Just going to sit here and complain?"

"Yep."

You can't see his face, but you imagine that Levi's rolling his eyes at you. Regardless, the two of you stay like that for a while longer. You don't check your phone or ask Levi for the time; you don't want to know. If you can stay like this a little longer, you'd be thrilled. 

Eventually, Levi succumbs, and he reaches for his phone on the nightstand. You pull him back to you the second his phone's in his hands. "Shit, it's almost one," Levi murmurs.

You frown. "One in the afternoon?"

"Yeah. Evidently, you were tired."

"You weren't?" Your frown deepens. "Have you slept?"

He hums in assent. "Yeah. Been awake for a while. Thinking."

"...About?"

Levi doesn't reply immediately. Your anxiety rises slightly until he says, "I have a plan."

You pull back from him. There's only a foot or so of space between you two. "Plan for what?" you ask, propping your head up with your elbow.

His eyes meet yours. He stares for a long minute before he murmurs, "we can leave."

You blink. "Sorry?"

"I'll book us a hotel in the city," Levi says, and his gaze is locked on yours. He's serious. "We can pack our stuff and leave. Stay a night in the hotel, then go back to school."