Gold

I hc that King has PTSD and anxiety issues(Thanks, Minecraft) cause of Gold and his(in this fanfiction) "death"
He probably ded but my mind was all like "nooooo he's not dead that would be child murder"
Don't ask my brain is weird af

Enjoy!

______________________________________

Ignoring the glitch stealing away his arm, Gold staggered to his feet and fought the wind pulling him away from his father.

His father. Desperately banging on the door, which seemed to be stuck.

"DAD!" He screamed, unsure if he could even hear him.

"GOLD! HANG ON!" Huh, guess he can.

He feels himself slipping as he tries to get to the door. His father is banging on it, knowing it won't open. Staff members try desperately to open the door.

He finally gets close enough to reach for his dad, until he slips. And falls back into the game.

He hears his dad scream his name one last time before he's consumed by the black abyss.

He screams one last time before his legs give out, and his vision goes black.

"DAD!"

Gold gasped awake from the nightmare, once again reminded of the incident that separated him from his only loved one. He glanced around the motel room, bringing himself back to reality and recognizing his surroundings.

He checked the time. 7:33 AM. Good God, this town has been loud these past couple days. Ever since the leader had announced he was bringing his son home. Guess the early rising was a factor of the loud celebrations.

He didn't know who he meant by "son", but he had left through a Nether portal, and knowing his father had used those in the stories he'd heard, figured his dad had something to do with it.

In the week it had been since he straight up dragged himself out of the Minecraft block that very nearly tried to kill him, his life had gone almost downhill. God knows how long he'd been separated from his dad, he was desperately trying to scrape up money he was wasting on food, water, and staying in a tiny motel.

Plus, the motel looked like it had seen an apocalypse, so that made staying there even less bearable.

It's his only shelter till he can find his dad.

Gold checked outside, and saw three figures emerge from the Nether portal stationed near the motel he'd crashed at. The leader, and two colored stick figures: a purple and red one.

Huh, where had he seen the purple one before?

When Purple woke up again, everything hurt. He could vaguely remember being thrown against the desktop before passing out, but that was pretty much it.

"Hey, hey Purple! A-are you okay?!" Red asked. Purple slowly sat up, trying to ignore the pain in his head.

"Y-yeah. I think so." He said quietly, barely able to speak.

"Where are we?" Red asked, moving towards Purple and helping him stand. Purple looked around at the deserted streets passing by them. It didn't take long for them to point out they were on a moving float.

And it took even less time for Purple to identify where they were.

"Stick village." He said. "Like, where you met King and all that?" Red asked. "Yep."

If he were to be honest, he didn't want to be here anyway. The past week had been horrible anyway: his dad's been plaguing his nightmares, which lead to a spike of anxiety in both him and King, something told him his dad had spent years finding him after he left, and he was kind of at a loss of what he would do if his dad ever did come back.