The Forest of Shards

A forest of literal crystals. What could be better?

Facing your best friends father/nemesis certainly wasn't on that list.

And as Red and Dark walked through the crystallized area, mesmerized by its beauty, they didn't expect Navy to be lurking.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is." Both sticks turned around and stared at Navy, who held one of the shards.

"PUT THAT BACK! DO YOU REALIZE WHO FRAGILE EVERY SHARD IN THIS FOREST IS?!" Red snapped, about to run forward when Dark stopped him.

"Oh, but these shards pack a powerful punch! If I had this, Purple would be unstoppable!" Navy exclaimed.

"W-what are you talking about?" Dark stuttered.

"Once this is mixed with his virus and the ViraBand's evil power, I'll brainwash him and have my son back!"

Red's heart dropped to the core of the Earth, possible further. He was gonna brainwash Purple.

No.

Nononono.

That can't be good.

Scratch that-That ISNT GOOD.

NOT AT ALL.

HE CANT LET THAT HAPPEN!!!

He never realized he was hyperventilating until Dark was snapping his fingers in his face, didn't realize he was crying until he felt wetness dripping down his face.

And he didn't realize he had fallen to the floor until he heard the familiar voice of Purple yelling his name.

Just before his vision went black, he vividly saw Navy escaping with the shard, seemingly oblivious to his son's appearance.

As the group stood in an eerie silence, Green's statement became more and more seeable in their heads.

Purple was in danger. Grave danger.

"We have to go to Stick City." Chosen said. Everyone turned to look at him, a chorus of responses following suit.

"WHAT?!"

"OH HELL NO!"

"YOU'VE LOST YOUR MIND!"

"IT'S THE ONLY THING WE CAN DO AT THIS POINT!" King silenced as everyone froze in place.

King lowered his voice and looked at the others. "Getting to Stick City and rescuing the others should be priority number one. We've gotten sidetracked one too many times. We have to rescue them, before it's too late." He said.

"What do you mean "before it's too late"? Second asked quietly.

"Oh, Kingy! Time for your friend's crowning!"

In an instant, everyone was snatched up into a large net, only being held up by a helicopter with a very familiar stick inside.

"NAVY?!" Green and King screamed.

"In the flesh, my dears," Navy said tauntingly. "Now, off we go! We must be back to the city soon for my ultimate plan!"

Second, Green, Yellow, and Blue clung to each other like lifelines, while King and Chosen kept themselves steady by holding onto the net. The two looked at each other with the same thought running through their heads.

"Well, shit. This isn't gonna end well."

By this point, Green began sobbing. "NOW WHAT?! Purple's life is in danger! And we're key witnesses!" Was all he could say as Second pulled him into a hug.

King glanced at the city in the distance. "Well, we can try and get his life out of danger."

Yellow gave him a flabbergasted look. "And how in the hell do we do that?!" He spluttered.

King pointed at Stick City. "Right there. We cut off whatever power supply they could get Purple inside, defeat Navy in the process, and get the hell out of there! Simple!"

"Yeah, it'd be simple if we had either Second's full power, or Dark's ViraBands. Sec can't unlock his full power at the moment, and you-know-who has the ViraBand. So we're almost screwed here." Chosen deadpanned.

"Hold up-Cho, you have powers too!" Blue said. Chosen's eyes widened.

"You think I'll use those on some mortal?!" Chosen exclaimed.

"You realize your best friend is also there, right?" Second reminded. Chosen's head was filled with thoughts about Dark in an instant.

After a moment, he gave in. "Fine." He sighed. "You owe me though, Second Coming."

Second smirked, and King flashed a smile at the sticks. "Now, let's get our friends back!" He proclaimed, pumping a fist in the air as the others followed suit.

"RED! DARK!" Sapphire screamed. Dark helped Red up, and Purple quickly hugged both of them.

"Are you two okay?!" Scarlet asked.

"More or less." Dark muttered. "But that son of a bitch got away with the shard," He added.

"What's so special about that shard he had?" Purple asked.

Dark grabbed Purple's shoulders firmly. "He's gonna use that shit to brainwash you and make you attack us. Which is why we have to stop him. Like, now!" Dark said.

"Hey, guys? Is this place supposed to begin shaking when someone grabs a piece of the crystals?" Copper asked. Everyone suddenly began to notice the shakes in the ground.

"Either your statement is valid, or it's a product of the ViraBand's power mixed with the shard. Whichever it is, we need to RUN!" Red screamed, grabbing Purple and running in an opposite direction. The others quickly followed suit. The entire time, Purple's body was shaking with fear and anxiety. In fact, he was shaking so much and his ears were ringing so loud he didn't realize something had grabbed him and was lifting him up into the air.

Until it was more or less too late. When he finally got control of his emotions again, he was sitting on the floor of a helicopter, guards at every corner.

"RED!" Purple screamed. The others stopped in their tracks before they were snatched up and tossed into the helicopter like rag dolls.

"Everyone alright?" Sapphire asked. Everyone nodded slightly.

"Now where the hell are we going?!" Dark demanded.

"Stick City, where Master's plan can be fully unleashed, Dark Lord."

"What the hell-HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" He snapped.

"Oh, your dearest friend really just can't keep secrets, can he?" The guard said playfully.

Dearest friend?

Chosen!

"What'd you do to Chosen!?" He demanded of the guards.

"Oh, he and Master have arrived back at the city, as will the rest of you."

"What the hell does he mean by "Master"?" Red asked as he stood up.

Purple took the statement into consideration.

"Navy."