Illness

"Dad! Stop it!"

"Navy, your going to hurt him!"

"SHUT UP, ORCHID! I DO WHAT I WANT!"

Purple was curled in the corner, tears and blood coating his face as his parents screamed at each other. It was really triggering for someone his age, especially when it happened again and again.

"Your trying to hurt him!"

"I'm teaching him how to be a man! How the real world works! Is that so much to-You know what? Forget this! You two can rot in here! I'm done!" Navy yelled, giving Purple one last hard kick to the stomach before marching out the door and slamming it shut.

It was quiet save for Orchid's sobbing.

There he went.

His only father figure.

Gone.

Forever.

Purple shot himself awake, his breathing irregular and his head pounding. He felt something wet dripping down his face and when he went to investigate, he found blood.

Great. A migraine that won't go away even with painkillers, nightmares that won't leave him alone, and now nosebleeds.

What the hell is wrong with him?

It didn't look too bad, so he brushed it off and tried going back to sleep.

This was gonna be a long night.

"PSsssssst! Dark! We gotta go!" Red whisper-screamed, shaking the peacefully sleeping Dark. He snapped awake and glanced at the stick in annoyance.

"WHAT!?"

"There's people after us! I think it's more of Navy's henchmen!" Red explained, tossing them both behind a rock.

"But-I thought they went somewhere else!" Dark exclaimed.

"Well, obviously they know we're helping!" Red shot back. Dark looked surprised.

"How do they know?!"

"I don't know!"

"Well, that's just great! Cause now we've got guards on our hands, which is just our damn luck!" Dark exclaimed.

"I'd say use your bands, but Navy's got the-NAVY! HE SENT THE GUARDS SO HE CAN FIND PURPLE!" Red suddenly screamed.

"All cause Navy wants to Rule the world." Dark muttered.

"W-what?"

"After you guys escaped into the woods, Navy said we had 24 hours to surrender Purple because whatever he got struck with has something so powerful, he could rule the world with it! He's taking us because we know where Purples hiding!" Dark explained frantically, not noticing the trio of guards above him.

"Yeah, I know that! You tol-crap." Red cut off his sentence the second he looked up at Dark.

"There's guards right behind me, isn't there?" He deadpanned.

Red slowly nodded. "Yep."

"Shit."

"Dark?"

"Yeah?"

Red said a single word that meant escape at this point.

"Run."

"DARK! DARK, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! PLEASE, JUST ANSWER!"

"Cho, if we're lucky, he made it to the others amd warned them of impending danger. But ONLY if we're lucky." Blue noted.

"CODE RED! CODE RED!" Yellow called out, racing out of the woods. "What the hell?!" Blue yelled.

"There's guards coming this way. I think your right, Blue. Dark got to the others and now they're coming for us." Yellow panted.

"DAMMIT!" Chosen screamed, grabbing a rock and throwing it before disintegrating it with fire. Blue instinctively back up.

"Wait-whats going on?" Green asked, coming out of the shack with Second. "We need to find King and get the hell outta here." Yellow said.

"SHIT-GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME, ASSHOLES!" King suddenly screamed, hitting guards away with tree branches. Second and Yellow shared a glance before running to help.

Second dragged King away before Yellow slammed a tree brach at one of the guards, sending most of them retreating into the woods.

King shared a look with the others, and Green said what they all knew by now.

"I don't think Purple's okay."

"AMBUSH! AMBUSH!" Scarlet screamed, shutting up the tent with everyone hidden inside. They cowered in the corner and listened to the orders given by leaders. All agreed on two rules for these kinds of events: stay in the corner, and don't, under any circumstances, make a single sound.

It was probably a little too extreme, but they figured it increase their chances of making it through the lock down alive.

"Check this tent here." One guard said, closer to their tent. Oh fuck.

Purple grabbed a knife next to a roll of bamdagesbefore leaving his cot and standing in front of the group. They faintly heard more guards surround the tent as the others cowered closer to the corner. Purple gripped the knife tighter.

Suddenly, a sword sliced through the thin tent fabric, brightening the area and making the team clear targets to the guards standing menacingly in front.

"Oh, shit." Gold muttered.

Turns out, running seemed to be the best idea because it took them less time to lose the guards than it took for them to hide.

So imagine their surprise when they looked back a minute after climbing down the mountain and seeing guards just barely making their way down.

"Holy crap we're faster than people made for this!" Dark exclaimed, collapsing to the floor laughing. Red smirked.

"We ain't out of the woods just yet, Dark," Red said, picking up the stick. "We gotta get put of the wooded area before we're trapped in Hell."

The two quickly set on a plan to find the others before taking off into the forest. Red faintly heard one guard scream "THERE THEY GO!", but ignored it.

"RED, LOOK OUT!" Dark screamed just before Red crashed into something hard and smooth. He stumbled back, and almost hit the floor before Dark caught him.

"Holy shit..." Dark muttered. Red stared at him in confusion before looking at what he was looking at.

"Where the hell are we?" Red breathed, staring in awe at the sight before him.

"The Forest Of Shards."