Confronting The Past Part 4

"Loser!"

Purple shot his head up to find a brown colored stick standing menacingly above him. He quickly stood up to face them. "Mocha?"

Mocha shoved them back down. "Your still a loser. No wonder your mommy and daddy left you."

Purple hated Mocha. Even while his parents argued, Mocha picked on him because he couldn't see his baby brother at the orphanage Purple often hung around. Mocha's little brother hated him, while he gave Purple the older brother treatment.

"Your telling that to the person who pratically RAISED your little brother!" Purple snapped.

"YOU STOLE HIM FROM ME!" Mocha screamed.

"YOU LEFT HIM ALL ALONE!" Purple screamed back.

"You....you asshole!" Mocha yelled. "You stole my baby brother from me!"

"Yeah!" A chorus of voices stepped into the light. They seemed to be Mocha's friends as they all began circling him, leaving one space open.

"I knew I made the right decision in abandoning you and your whiny mother." His father. Each stick circled him, and Purple slapped his hands over his ears to drown out the noise.

It still filled his head, anyway.

"You baby!"

"Gonna cry to mommy? Oh wait, you can't do that!"

"Your such a freak!"

"Just grow up!"

"I'm so happy I left you!"

"Karma caught the cat, Purple!"

"Go cry to daddy! Oh wait, can't do that either!"

"LEAVE HIM ALONE, ASSHOLES!"

The bullies and Navy vanished in a cloud of smoke at the tone, leaving Purple alone as he sunk to his knees, crying hysterically.

"Don't listen to them, bud."

He glanced up, wiping his teary eyes to see an bright green hand reaching out to him. He looked up even higher, noticing Green standing over him, a comforting smile on his face.

He took his hand against his better judgement, and faced his friend.

"Don't listen to them. Your not a freak, or a baby. They're just trying to bring you down." Green said.

"Yeah! You don't need people like them anyway!" Blue.

"You have us!" Yellow.

"They'll get what's coming to them. Oh wait, they probably already did!" Second.

"Your dad just doesn't see what a great person you are!" Red.

"Purple."

Green and the others faded out, and King entered the light, showing emotions Purple had never seen before.

Sadness and comfort.

Purple flinched slightly, expecting King to say something, and he definitely wasn't expecting King to hug him. But, that's what happened.

Then, King finally said something.

"I love you."

Purple's eyes widened.

"W-what?"

King gently pulled Purple's head up, a comforting smile on his face. "I love you, Purple. Your almost like a son to me. Don't let them bring you down. Especially while we're around. You know Green and I will gladly beat their asses for you. Just like how we're fighting your dad."