three - tour

"I wanted him to come barging through the door and grab the guy

"I wanted him to come barging through the door and grab the guy."

Billy Dunne: That night, we pulled into Santa Rosa, we started getting ready for our show at Inn of the Beginning. But I wasn't in the right mind.

Eddie Roundtree: our first show of the tour did not go well. And there was no reason for it to go poorly except that we just weren't in sync the way we should have been, you know? Billy reversed two of the verses on "Born Broken." And then Graham came in late on a bridge.

Billy Dunne: I remember Graham telling me and Juni to slow it down. But there was too much running through me. And Juniper she was on cloud 9, it was honestly amazing to see her so happy even if it was from drugs.

Juniper Reeves: coke, tequila and quaaludes that was the whole tour for Billy and i and the others too.

Karen Sirko: Camila had become my friend. I hated Billy for putting me in a position to either tell Camila what he'd done or lie to her. Juniper, who had become my best friend was just living day by day as it went on, we didn't know what addiction was back then and she was amazing at hiding it, she however didn't have anyone to stay loyal to, she had no one to come home to. Although we all cared, especially Eddie. We all knew that if she wanted to stop she would.

Billy Dunne: Drinking, drugging, sleeping around, it's all the same thing. You have these lines you won't cross. But then you cross them. And suddenly you possess the very dangerous information that you can break the rule and the world won't instantly come to an end.

Graham Dunne: It got to be a rhythm: get to town, sound check, play, party, get on the bus. And the better we started playing, the more we partied. Hotels, girls, drugs. Over and over. Hotels, girls, drugs. For all of us. But especially Billy.

Warren Rhodes: We had a rule back then; we each had five matchsticks. That's how we'd invite people back to the party after. If they had a matchstick, they were in. We could give them out to any girl in the crowd we saw. Obviously, we tried to steer clear of weirdos.

Eddie Roundtree: all i wanted was Juniper to come hang out with me, cool down with the drugs and focus on me and the band but who was i to tell her that she couldn't do what she was doing?

Juniper Reeves: i would've done anything he asked me to do.

Juniper watched as Eddie hooked up with a girl in front of her, she was jealous. They had cuddled a couple times but that was it. If Juniper was sober then she probably wouldn't have poured her drink on them but she wasn't sober.

"What the fuck?" The girl stood up "Oops sorry it slipped." She laughed in the girls face, Eddie looked up at Juniper confused "You're insane." the girl walked away, Juniper sat back down in her seat across from the couch Eddie was on and they stared at each other.

"What was that about?"

"Didn't feel like watching you suck face with a groupie all night." She said calmly crossing her arms over her body, Eddie leaned forward "I have to watch that every night Juniper."

"Cry me a river." She stated, he leaned back angrily and she took her opportunity to talk to the guy next to her, to make herself feel better.

"You lookin for a good time?" he asked her, Eddie clenched his jaw and his fists "Nah man she's not, fuck off."

"Let the lady speak for herself."

Juniper wanted Eddie's attention, she only knew one way to prove to herself that he liked her the way she did him. She grabbed the guy by his hand and pulled him through the crowd and into her room.

Eddie sat there gobsmacked.

Juniper Reeves: was it my smartest idea?...(sighs tilting sarcastically) no definitely not. But i wanted Eddie to feel the way i was feeling! I wanted him to come barging through the door and grab the guy. But he didn't. Of course that was my fault but i needed to feel wanted and the only one who could make me feel that was was Eddie. But he never came.

Eddie Roundtree: She hurt me a lot that night. Everyone could see how i felt about her, except her! And I mean, Billy had one of the roadies deliver tequila and quaaludes to him at all hours of the night, so we all know how the tour was going. I didn't want to speak to Billy nor Juniper

Karen Sirko: The album was doing pretty well and our tour got extended. I was talking to Camila about it and she said, 'Karen, should I come join you guys?' I couldn't get the words out of my mouth fast enough. I said, "No, stay there.'

Warren Rhodes: Let me sum up that early tour for you: I was getting laid, Graham was getting high, Juniper was getting depressed, Eddie was getting drunk, Karen was getting fed up, and Billy was all five, at once.

Juniper stared at Eddie as he stared at this blonde, behind her was Camila she immediately hugged the girl "Cami!" Eddie and Graham looked over at the van with caution "Hey guys—" she suddenly looked at where they were looking, she stormed over past the boys who tried to stop her, Juniper heard her gasp and she walked over seeing the scene with her own two eyes. How did she not know what was going on?

Camila shoved the boys and Juniper "Fuck you! FUCK YOU!" she yelled storming off "What the fuck did you guys do?" Billy stumbled after her, Juniper was seeing red and stormed over to the van "Get the fuck out now! Out! Now! Move your asses i swear to god!" she yelled at the groupies "You don't need clothes! Go!" She screamed opening the door wider as the girls ran off in their underwear, her heart was racing "You—you two are the worst fucking people!" she stormed off to her room stumbling a lot. Graham looked at Eddie who just rubbed his hand over his face.

"Go after her." Graham said to Eddie, Eddie sighed and followed the girl. They needed to talk anyway.

Juniper Reeves: he finally came to my room. Finally. That's all i had wanted back then, was Eddie to really see me and talk to me.

"Juniper?" he asked walking inside, Juniper was sitting in her bathtub with no water running just her, clothes on staring at the dripping tap "What are you doing?" he asked her, she looked up at him with a small sad smile "You're here." she said, Eddie laughed at her "I'm here baby." he commented also getting in the small tub with her "i'm so sorry." she said quietly "i've been out of control."

Eddie looked at the girl he loved, and genuinely wanted nothing more then for her to be in his arms in that second.

"You're not out of control." he said, she laughed "i'm on drugs right now." he smiled "so am i." That's what started it all, the bathtub.

"I've missed speaking to you." he said

Juniper Reeves: i was so happy (holds hand to heart) so so happy, i mean you could see how much that meant to me, he missed speaking to me! we didn't know what we were, but it was something.

Eddie Roundtree: i wish i kissed her then. I really wish i did. but i didn't, i wanted to but i was just so nervous, she made me nervous.