five - angry love confessions

"i felt seen

"i felt seen. For once. Someone cared."

The band members Warren, Karen and Juniper sat in the lounge room of their house while Graham and Eddie in the kitchen watching from afar, Eddie stared longingly at Juniper who laughed. Karen covered her face into Junipers shoulder as Warren bangs his elbow on the table and cried out in pain.

Eddie sighs and slumps down further into his seat "What's up with you old man?" Graham asks, Eddie shrugs "Juni man, she's confusing me." Graham laughs "You realise how much she's in love with you right?" Eddie chokes on his saliva and blinks at Graham.

"What?"

"God you're so stupid! She's clearly in love with you. Why do you think she got so pissed about you talking to that Dawn chick?" Graham hits him over the head "I don't know i thought she just didn't like her!"

Juniper Reeves: i went to bed early that night. I just couldn't even look at Eddie without wanting to — yeah

Eddie Roundtree: i didn't really give a fuck that Warren was making her laugh, apparently he was in love with her according to Dawn, i cared that Juniper seemed a little upset with me and i was thinking about the fucking fact that Graham had just told me she's in love with me!

Graham Dunne: I don't mean to praise myself but...i pretty much set that up.

"Goodnight." Juniper says walking into the kitchen "You're going to bed?" Graham asks, Juniper turns and nods "It's only 8:30?" He questions, she shrugs and walks to her room, Eddie furrows his eyebrows and stands up following her "Real slick." Graham mumbles.

"Knock, Knock." Eddie mutters as he knocks quietly on the door, he shuts in behind him and sees Juniper sitting on her bed. She looks over at him then back at her book "What are you doing?" he asks walking to the edge of her bed, she sighs and shows him her book shaking it slightly, he nods awkwardly before walking around and over to her sitting next to her "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Juniper."

"Eddie."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Eddie sighs in frustration, she shuts her book and moves away from him "Seriously what the hell is up?"

"You!" she exclaims angrily "Me?"

"Yes you! You confuse me." She stands up pacing "I don't—"

"Let me speak! You look at me as if i'm your whole world but then you go and hang out with random girls and have sex with them. Then you come home and expect me to be all happy days. We had a conversation about how we 'missed' each other yet you don't seem to care!" She huffs, Eddie stands up and walks over to her angrily "You do the exact same shit! It takes two to tango!"

"If you don't care then get out!" She yells, on the other side of the door Warren, Graham and Karen all tried listening in.

"If i don't care?"

"Yes."

"Are you serious? I'm the one who comes running when you call! When you need a shoulder to cry on I'm there, when you need someone to sing to and help write lyrics i am right there! Of course i care!" Eddie exclaims grabbing her face softly making her look at him, she stares at him blankly "Why do you care?"

"What?"

"Why. Do. You. Care.?" She states, Eddie laughs "Because i fucking love you Juniper Astra Reeves." She smiles brightly "That was unexpected." They heard from the door "Shut up Graham!" Karen yells "Can you both shut up they can probably hear us!" Warren whispers loudly "Yeah we can!" Juniper exclaims, they head movements and receding footsteps.

"So?"

"So what?" Juniper asks, Eddie frowns "I'm joking, i love you idiot."

"Oh thank god."

"Can you just kiss me already?" She asks, he pulls her in and kisses her passionately.

Juniper Reeves: I felt seen. For once, someone cared.